Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil coolers

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016 | 09:52 PM
djorgensen3
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
The Harley oil cooler is a piece of **** if you ask me. The HD cooler that came standard on my 2010 LTD started leaking from one of the lower corners (maybe a rock hit it, dunno). Upon removing it and replacing it with a 10-row Jagg, I saw how crappy the HD unit really was. Both HD and Jagg have thermostats.

Suggest that if you install a Jagg, get up with forum member Wards Parts Werks (Jason Ward) and get Jason's 190 degree thermostat for the Jagg. This thermostat allows oil to flow through the cooler much sooner than the thermostat that comes with the Jagg....plus it's best to install the thermostat prior to installing the Jagg cooler assembly. You bike will stay cooler longer.
Even better yet, he has a 140 degree tstat to get the cooling started even sooner. BUT...you can call Jagg and order a unit without a tstat altogether so oil always passes through the cooler for those people in the really hot zones. Jagg has some interesting info about the oil coolers so give them a call. And I believe they told me that they are made in Sweden. Just ordered mine the other day from a gentleman named Marv at Jagg.

Last edited by djorgensen3; 06-13-2016 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-13-2016 | 03:19 PM
wscott
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ULTRA ZOOM
Well after going on both web sites, and checking them both out. I am getting the Ultra -Cool for my Ultra Classic. I live in Newcastle Calif and in summer it gets over 100 degrees. I installed the 103 stage 2 kit in Dec so now its getting warmer and I need to get this done. So I get it tomorrow and install on Sat.
================================

Your 103 stage 2 motor is a great candidate to install the ultracool oil cooler with twin elec fans along with Wards cooling fans @ the same for max cooling in the 100+ deg temp you ride in.

The oil cooler will help quite a lot but adding Wards cooling fans to the ultracool oil cooler is a great cooling system " TEAM " for an HD thats modded like yours is.

Scott