Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint Code for my '06 Ultra Classic

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016 | 12:28 AM
blade57
|
6th Gear
Default Paint Code for my '06 Ultra Classic

Hi guys, I got myself a used '06 FLHTCUI at the end of last summer. The biked had definitely not been loved but hey, the price was good and I was confident I could certainly give her the TLC she deserves.

Have made some serious headway over the winter and have just acquired a replacement Inner Fairing that I am looking to colour match with the rest of the factory paint.

I called my local HD dealer to get the paint code and was told that Harley don't give this information out however I could order a quart of paint from them. The parts guy asked me what colour my bike was and I told him it was a metallic red and black. I have no idea what the official name of the Red paint is nor do I know the paint code to let my local auto body dude know so he can get the right paint.

Any ideas or info on the correct name and possible paint code would be great.

Cheers

Dave

Old 04-24-2016 | 12:48 AM
Bama J
Tourer

www.colorrite.com

Plug in your bike info and it'll show you the available colors. It's probably BrandyWine Sunglo. That's what my RKC is and it was a 2006 only color.

Old 04-24-2016 | 06:57 AM
Muleears
Advanced

I used color rite for paint for my lowers. Worked out perfectly and no body shop involved. Takes some time and proper prep though.

Old 04-25-2016 | 05:55 PM
Bama J
Tourer
Old 04-25-2016 | 06:13 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member

I had an 06 EG Standard and it was Fire Red Pearl.

Old 04-25-2016 | 07:43 PM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member

My Ultra Classic is Fire Red Pearl and Vivid Black. These are the colors available for 2006 Touring Bikes:

Vivid Black, Black Cherry Pearl, Black Pearl, Deep Cobalt Pearl, Glacier
White Pearl, Rich Sunglo Blue, Brandy Wine Sunglo, Two-Tone Rich
Sunglo Blue/Chopper Blue Pearl, Two-Tone Chopper Blue Pearl/Brilliant
Silver Pearl, Two-Tone Black Cherry Pearl/Black Pearl, Two-Tone Fire Red
Pearl/Vivid Black, Two-Tone Deep Cobalt Pearl/Brilliant Silver Pearl

Old 05-03-2016 | 10:22 PM
blade57
|
6th Gear
Smile

Thanks for all your responses guys. Turns out my bike is the same color combo as howiter88s, Fire Red Pearl and Vivid Black. Apparently HD don't give out their Paint codes so I took one of my saddlebags to a auto-paint store where the dude put some cutting paste on the red paint on the inside of the saddlebag and used a Spectrum Analyzer to detect the make up of the paint. He then plugged the Analyzer into his computer and about a minute later he had the exact for my paint in his hand.

I came away with 3 Paint Bombs and a touch-up as well as the correct primers I will need for the ABS of the Inner fairing and switch facia as well as the Etching Primer for my factory Air filter.

All I have to work on now is the best way to "Scuff Up" the chrome on the Air filter.

Again guys, thanks for your help and suggestions.

Cheers

DaveD

Old 05-04-2016 | 06:50 AM
UltraClassicWNY
Cruiser

Can anyone provide the link or color name for mine? 2008 Anniversary edition. Color rite shows several colors for 08 but not the Anniversary edition

Old 05-04-2016 | 09:16 AM
Donnybrook
Tourer

Originally Posted by UltraClassicWNY
Can anyone provide the link or color name for mine? 2008 Anniversary edition. Color rite shows several colors for 08 but not the Anniversary edition

Old 05-04-2016 | 09:59 AM
UltraClassicWNY
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Donnybrook
Bingo ! That's it !

Quick Reply: Paint Code for my '06 Ultra Classic