Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RideStra8 or TrueTrac comments, please

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 03:57 AM
03WG
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RideStra8 or TrueTrac comments, please

ORIGINAL: Comfortably Numb

I occasionally experience what I'll say are the same same symptoms on my RK.
Mine is definately a 'front-end' thing. The way I would describe it it that sometimes when I'm bucking a headwind, (always going into the wind) a gust sets off some sort of harmonic ocillation in the steering. It's usually easy to get it to stop, but it catches me off guard sometimes.
This is NOT the rear of the bike in my situation. ie, not rear wheel steering. Having True-Track or otherwise isn't the cure this one..... at least on my RK.

CN
I think you got something here.I think a steering damper is what a bagger neends
because the wobble is comming from the front end not the rear.
and WHY there are no STEERING DAMPER availablefor BAGGER???[sm=confused06.gif]

Old 05-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

My dealer told me that stabelizers are a waste of money, they are not needed on aharley, if they were the MOCO would install them at the factory! Could you believe that crock of sh#%
Scary, isn't it?
I think I'm gonna try the ridestra8 model. I think they are all overpriced but if itprevents an accident you can't put a price on that!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you got something here.I think a steering damper is what a bagger neends
because the wobble is comming from the front end not the rear.
and WHY there are no STEERING DAMPER availablefor BAGGER???
I know there's something to it, and you're right, a steering damper might be the fix.
I know it is not related to rear wheel steering that True Track and Ride Str8 address because I HAVE the equivalent of RideStr8 and True Track on my RK and I still get the same front-end oscillations when riding into the wind on occasion. I KNOW there are rear problems, but a stabilizer isn't going to solve what the initial poster is experiencing. What he describes is not rear wheel steering.

My dealer told me that stabelizers are a waste of money, they are not needed on aharley, if they were the MOCO would install them at the factory! Could you believe that crock of sh#%
Ask anyone who has one and I'll bet they'll tell you they made just about the biggest improvement of anything they've added to their bagger. You just have NO IDEA what a difference they make.....in fact, I actually can't believe there are folks out there who don't notice how badly their rides track at speed due to the swingarm moving all over.

CN