Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't ask me how I know

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 11:13 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Don't ask me how I know

Don't keep sliding the gas pump nozzle out of the tank a little at a time to see how full she's getting while peering down into the tank. Your face and jacket will get showered with gasoline. Don't ask me how I know.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Adam17
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't drive 469 miles on the BRP only to watch your friends turn around to take a pic in front of a signand not watch where you are going only to be thrown off and sliding down a 15 foot revine after hitting a tree stump. That 800lb + Ultra was only inches from following himdown the revine. Once I found my buddy was all right its it so hard to lift an Ultra while laughing.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Kasper
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't tighten down that gas cap on your Springer Softail right after you have squeezed in every last drop of fuel the station had and then hitting the interstate to do some 80 MPH. The air rushing past the open fuel filler hole at 80 MPHsucks that gasout of the tank faster than the pump put it in there. The smell of your new "Cologne" sure impresses your ridingbuddies for the rest of the day.

Thank goodness I got to laugh at my brother all day for that one!

Now here's one for me!

When doing a quickie burnout to impress your friends......make sure the back tire is not sitting on a piece of doormat. It was a heck of a lot of work to get thedoormat out from between my tire and the fender. Of course this 3 bikesand many years ago and fortunately we all add a few more brian cells as we get older. I think.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:35 PM
1sparky
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always make sure the kick stand is up when leaving with the new best girl. It makes a wicked noise,and when you look down to inquire you may just hit the curb.
DON'T ask me how I know. (she never called back,'sup wit that!?)

Old 11-24-2007, 01:39 PM
ballpeen
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Bryan1724

When filling up your bike and you drop the gas cap and it rolls under the bike, don't reach under it at a 45 degree angle to retrieve it, go in very low, 1" off the ground and straight, don't ask me how i know, i know, i have the 3rd degree burn scar on my left arm to prove it. [:@]
"Hey" I did that, No Kidding on the scar....[]

[IMG]local://upfiles/46392/49B9934B12D2401D9D4E47D5F9F7C0E3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-24-2007, 01:44 PM
ballpeen
Tourer

ORIGINAL: FLHT

When you take off riding in the morning to early, tired and hung over and you stop at the first station to pick up a cigar. Dont forget to put the kick stand down. Dont ask me how I know.

No theres some funny sh**, Man am I laughing.. Great Fun

[IMG]local://upfiles/46392/FBCECFE1D02341C3A75C752738637DE3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-24-2007, 11:40 PM
06glideman
Intermediate

don't ever put your feet on the rear pegs and pop the clutch on you evo softail from a dead stop the bike tends to keep going when your hand slips off the bars and you fly off the back luckly it never hit the ground the front wheel hit a fence right at the post and only bent the front rim and put a small dent in the tank don't ask me how i know

Old 11-25-2007, 01:17 AM
singlepin
Cruiser

Nice looking girls are not impressed when you're driving down the interstate and the top of your coffee cup comes off while you are taking a drink! The plastic top from the gas stationwill not stay on at 75mph. This happened to a friend. Don't ask howhe knows.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:23 AM
cwickgo9
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This is almost as good as reading the service manual - and 2X as fun......[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 11-25-2007, 06:39 AM
ditch_dgr
Road Master

When you show up to the Bikers for the Braves ride in VA Beach, make sure that when you are backing your bike into the space (with about 200 people standing around) that you make sure the bike is in neutral before you let go of the clutch.

Quick Reply: Don't ask me how I know