Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stealership Probs

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 01:33 PM
07bluprl
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stealership Probs

OK does anyone in here with an 07 elec. stan have a small bit of oil seeping out between the engine and transmission at that joint. Also does anybodys neutral light come on when the bike gets hot idling in traffic?? Mine does both. I have wiped the oil off several times from the engine ... cant see it till dirt starts to stick to it. The neutral light will flicker then come on while sitting in traffic and the engine gets hot. Once i get back up to speed it flickers and goes off!!! Like a freakin temp guage. Took it to the dealer and they pretty much told me nothing was wrong with it. I have wiped the oil and collected dirt off that joint several times and the light has come on several times with me. They said it was my 6th gear light... BS im not a moron i know theres problems here. Anyone else have these issues?
Thanks,
Derek

Old 05-16-2007, 02:21 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: Stealership Probs

i have posted this a few times in here about this issue of the oil leaking between the engine and the trannie. it is a problem and i am starting to see it in here more and more. mine is at the dealer right now getting that problem fixed. what it is there is an oiltube inbetween the engine and the trannie that feeds the oil to the engine and that tube is leaking. if the dealer tells you there is nothing wrong. they are full of *&%$. the way i look at it it is an 07 brand new harley, it shouldnt have any leaks at all. take it back and tell them to fix it.
good luck let us know how it worked out.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:33 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its new, its under warranty, if one dealer wont fix it take it to a different one. And no its not normal on any harley made in the last 20 years to leak oil.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:41 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

With one measley speck of oil at 5k on my garage floor I am in no hurry to take to dealer, that and 6yrs and 4 months left on warrenty. At this rate might trade-in anyway in a couple years to same dealer I bought it from, who Knows. But Im still watching/posting and online almost 24/7

Old 05-16-2007, 05:35 PM
07bluprl
Intermediate

Well i only have 2800 mi on it. I didnt know if i should be an *** and make them fix the light and the leak or give it a little time (5 yr warranty). I just dont think i should have to wipe oily dirt off of the top of the engine everytime i ride it right now.
Derek

Old 05-16-2007, 05:43 PM
jakedog
Road Warrior

Same bike; no issues yet....

Old 05-16-2007, 06:31 PM
tgaetto
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds like the N light means its hot and the oil tells you its time for a wash....

Old 05-16-2007, 07:50 PM
07bluprl
Intermediate

The leak is on top right on top where the engine and trans meet in the middle of the engine....

Old 05-16-2007, 07:56 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I have the sameissue withmy 06,its not really leaking,just dark and dirty for about a 2 inch length of that seam.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:53 PM
Madav8tr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leaking or weeping? Neither is normal and I would demand that it be fixed at some point. If it were a very small area and the oil was simply weeping a little and not pooling up I would wait until the off season to have it fixed. No telling how long it would be down now that riding season is here.

Quick Reply: Stealership Probs