Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart TD's vs Hard Chrome T Rex TD's

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 12:53 PM
cb1955
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rinehart TD's vs Hard Chrome T Rex TD's

I read a lot of comments about the Rineharts but have yet to read anything about the Hard Chrome T rex's...They are both true duals nad sound pretty good. But what are the comments regarding the performance of either? Thanks

Old 05-16-2007, 01:07 PM
madurodave
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rinehart TD's vs Hard Chrome T Rex TD's

ORIGINAL: cb1955

I read a lot of comments about the Rineharts but have yet to read anything about the Hard Chrome T rex's...They are both true duals nad sound pretty good. But what are the comments regarding the performance of either? Thanks
I have the Rineharts on my 110 and LOVE the look and sound. They are still relatively new, so long term is unknown.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:12 PM
the_icemAN
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

have had my RH TDs on my Ultra for about 3k miles .... after 1000-1500 the pipes started to sound really good. Took it to get the good rich sound out of 'em. Some say needs some carbon build-up in the baffles. Oh.... and the "STANDARD" baffles are plenty loud. I wouldn't look at the performance ones less I was moving up to a big/bigger bore setup (personally). They certainly get noticed. I have heard, though, from the experts here the RH TDs does make the torque suffer a little. Dunno 'bout the TREX

Old 05-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a search, you will know why... DONT GET THE T-REX

Old 05-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Dogwood
Tourer

I never used Rineharts, but they do have a large fan base, so they must be doing something right, I guess.

I would like to offer another suggestion:
The D&D Duelies
http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/2007/03/51622d.htm

I like them better because you can use standard mufflers and the right side pipe is straight.
I don't like to little turn mid way back on the Rinehart TD, but that's just me.

D&D makes a quality product.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:27 PM
madurodave
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: the_icemAN

have had my RH TDs on my Ultra for about 3k miles .... after 1000-1500 the pipes started to sound really good. Took it to get the good rich sound out of 'em. Some say needs some carbon build-up in the baffles. Oh.... and the "STANDARD" baffles are plenty loud. I wouldn't look at the performance ones less I was moving up to a big/bigger bore setup (personally). They certainly get noticed. I have heard, though, from the experts here the RH TDs does make the torque suffer a little. Dunno 'bout the TREX
I agree about the standard baffles - they sound great to me. I have the 110 as I said, and at WOT they are pretty loud. 104 dB per my dealer at inspection, in case you have a restriction on sound.

I believe any TD has a torque deficit compared to 2:1's. However, I was going for a look, not ultimate performance. I ended up with 99 hp and 115 tq on my 110 and am very happy with that.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:28 PM
shtfaced
Novice

I went with the Rinehart TD's on the advice ofsome tech's that has helped me with some tough spots on other high Performance bikes I have had.

The Rinehart System is one of the few available with a steped headder system which helps with exhaust reversion which is a condition in which exahust pulses back toward the exhaust valve and contaminates the intake charge in your combusion chamber.

The true dual system eliminates the cross over pipe, and the step header design helps the anti reversion properties of the exhaust system which may have suffered due to the elimination of the cross over pipe, to get rid off the heat from the right side of the bike,( That is what I understand it to be anyway).

Many good tech's have told me that true duals without the steped headder design are just pretty metal.
The concensus seems to be, if you really want exahust performance, go to a quality two into one system.
If your gonna run true duals, run a system with steped header pipes, and matched mufflers.
That is what 'm told by people that I trust, JMO

Old 05-16-2007, 01:37 PM
MiniMe
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Indianspringsaz

What he said, I had a set of T-(Junk)Rex. Extremly poor quality, customer service. Welds break and what warranty. Hard Krome will just tell you to kiss their a$$ when it comes to warranty. Stay as far away from Hard Krome as possible. This advise comes from personal dealings with Hard Krome and their crap products.

Old 05-16-2007, 03:00 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MiniMe

What he said, I had a set of T-(Junk)Rex. Extremly poor quality, customer service. Welds break and what warranty. Hard Krome will just tell you to kiss their a$$ when it comes to warranty. Stay as far away from Hard Krome as possible. This advise comes from personal dealings with Hard Krome and their crap products.
He is 100% correct. Look at crack at the bend in my signature pic!!

Old 05-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DI75

ORIGINAL: MiniMe

He is 100% correct. Look at crack at the bend in my signature pic!!
The ones I got were rusted and one pipe wasnt even welded at one of the header steps. So its a roll of the dice, too say the least. Thats a fact jack

Quick Reply: Rinehart TD's vs Hard Chrome T Rex TD's