Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question for Virginia riders

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007 | 11:56 PM
Ol Biker
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: question for Virginia riders

Hope you enjoy your stay in Virginia! As stated above, law is clear,but if you're riding safely you won't get hastled. Still lots of real good back-road riding where you're heading. I-95 ain't no fun though. Be safe ...remember to wave![sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 05-17-2007 | 08:30 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I doubt you will have a problem. Unless , of course, you get pulled over for something else. Then, who knows. In my personal experience, I have always treated LEO's with respect, and have received that same respect back. Even when I have broken the law (in my youth, of course). Have fun, and please drive safe. Idiots are everywhere... don't be one of them!!

Old 05-17-2007 | 09:24 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I was at my monthly HOG meeting last night and there were at least 4 LEOs (State and Local)there with NON DOT helmets on. I agree unless you are stopped for something else or get the ahole of the day it should not be a problem

Old 05-17-2007 | 10:39 AM
shearpinn
|
Cruiser

Thanks for all the help and for those who think the law is clear tell me this:

The statue says meet or exceed and since DOT nor ANSI certify the actual helmets, only publish the test procedure, prove my helmet doesn't meet ANSI requirements, whatever those are.

So no the law isnt clear but that wasnt the question - the question was whether I feel like playing the odds of getting pulled over based on the responses here.

And thansk for the welcome back - I like it here (in TX), and d@mn if DC aint about in Fredericksburg and heading for Thornsburg but, it is great to get back on my folks spread. My girlfriend is coming with and has never been to VA. We are gonna do a 2 day heading thru the hills - not real sure where yet.