Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 08:00 AM
Boatms
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price

Wanted to know what a good price is for a new street glide. The list price is around $24000. What can I expect for a good drive out price?

Old 04-11-2016, 09:18 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,599 Likes on 2,722 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

A good price is one that you can negotiate to your satisfaction.

You'll see a lot of subsequent posts that say "I got this", and they "threw in that", but what others got has no bearing on what you can/should get.

Different locations, times of year, financial circumstances of the dealership, economic conditions, etc etc etc

Last edited by Keithhu; 04-11-2016 at 10:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jd05flhtci (04-11-2016)
Old 04-11-2016, 09:21 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,834 Likes on 19,327 Posts

the mark of a good deal is "Value received for money spent" ... obviously "Your smiles may vary".

jd05flhtci (04-11-2016)
Old 04-11-2016, 09:42 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

REGULAR STREET GLIDE...or street glide special..... and agree with prior posts...a deal that makes you smile is ,in my book, a good deal

jd05flhtci (04-11-2016)
Old 04-11-2016, 09:53 AM
puckoach
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Good advice from those that have already posted !

A few random thoughts;

1. A business needs to make money to stay in business, and keep their employees in jobs. All to often, people refer to dealerships as "stealerships".

2. The buyer determines the price. Do your research, price things out. Get "bids".

3. There is a web site that has the "dealer cost" published on all HD MC's. I used it last year.

4. There is only one used bike in the same condition, like kind, quality, etc. As such, difficult to compare used bikes. Easy for new.

5. Dealers make the most money on used, not new.

6. Have your list of optional equipment ready to go. 20% off the part as a minimum, if you are installing. If dealer is installing, it's another story. Depends on the items. Changing bars today is a real chore. Lots of hours. Docking set up, 10 minutes. Slip on's 15 minutes. Get value for the OEM take-off's.

7. Get your 6.5 Boom updated with latest version - as of February - 19.2. Had three friends get new MC's this month, none were updated. Get them to "pair" your phone.

8. Try and get the parts discount extended for awhile.

9. Bring your laptop. Ask for the wi-fi password. Making you wait, is part of their game. Get on the laptop, check other area dealers as you sit there. Should work in your favor. Or, set a time limit. "I have to go pick up the bride at 3pm."

I'm sure others have more to add.

Good Luck and Happy Motoring !!!

Last edited by puckoach; 04-11-2016 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:57 AM
12Iron883
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ya, ya. Perception of a deal...

Work the dealer!

anything between 21 - 22k + tax is a good deal.

My 16 SGS was 21,500 otd. If I had purchased in Nov/Dec/Jan I probably would have been a little better off but Supply and demand is a bitch.

Old 04-11-2016, 10:11 AM
Boatms
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 12Iron883
Ya, ya. Perception of a deal...

Work the dealer!

anything between 21 - 22k + tax is a good deal.

My 16 SGS was 21,500 otd. If I had purchased in Nov/Dec/Jan I probably would have been a little better off but Supply and demand is a bitch.
Thanks for the answer. I know a good deal it the one that makes you smile until you find out you got taken by a smooth talking salesman. Then you feel like you got robbed. I am new to the street bike scene and to the Harley world as well. Just trying to do some research before deciding on what's actually a good deal.

Old 04-11-2016, 12:58 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatms
Thanks for the answer. I know a good deal it the one that makes you smile until you find out you got taken by a smooth talking salesman. Then you feel like you got robbed. I am new to the street bike scene and to the Harley world as well. Just trying to do some research before deciding on what's actually a good deal.
YOU CAN ALSO CALL AROUND TRY TO GET SOME NUMBERS OVER THE PHONE PRIOR to going....i always check around everywhere , so that i have a pretty good idea what the range is going to be.....also the time of the month csn play a part as well good luck man

Old 04-11-2016, 01:12 PM
captbob
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

Here is a link that supposedly lists the dealer and MSRP prices.

http://seedealercost.com/products/ma...ug/powersports

As others have said, a good deal is a price that is both fair to you and the selling dealer. Both of you have to feel good about the selling price to consummate a deal. Harley dealers typically have significantly large overhead so they have to make a decent profit to stay in business and continue to pay their employees.

Old 04-11-2016, 04:58 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,834 Likes on 19,327 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatms
I know a good deal it the one that makes you smile until you find out you got taken by a smooth talking salesman ... Just remember that most of your "buddies" will tell you that they got it for $XX,XXX.XX and lie to your face.

Quick Reply: Price