Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

16 ROad King or 14 RK CVO

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 07:02 PM
PowerGuy
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 16 ROad King or 14 RK CVO

Decided to sell my Street Bob and get a Road King. Had my mind made up on color and already sourced and priced mods for it. Stopped by dealer yesterday to go over the numbers with my salesman and wouldn't you know it, they have a 14 RK CVO with only 1400 miles on it.

Now I Have a dilemma, should I buy the 16 or the 14 CVO? Gotta figure this out.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:08 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

IMO, I'd go with the 16 because you can make it your own. The CVO is kind of a limited edition cookie cutter bike which cost a lot out of the gate. So making it your own would be removing parts you paid good money up front for, to only replace them with more parts you paid good money for.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:09 PM
remmag
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PowerGuy
Decided to sell my Street Bob and get a Road King. Had my mind made up on color and already sourced and priced mods for it. Stopped by dealer yesterday to go over the numbers with my salesman and wouldn't you know it, they have a 14 RK CVO with only 1400 miles on it.

Now I Have a dilemma, should I buy the 16 or the 14 CVO? Gotta figure this out.
If I could afford it I would go for the cvo myself
I bought a 15 rgs which I love ,but I drool everyone I see a cvo
You got to go with your gut
Which one do YOU want?

Old 04-10-2016, 07:11 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts

It all depends on how you ride. I got a new '14 CVO King and LOVED the look of it. Comfort on the other hand was lacking. Rode rough (low profile tires and not a fan of the new spring shocks). Seat killed the a$$ after about an hour or so. Windshield helped with the wind, not so much with the bugs... In the end, I spent a ton of money to buy a seat, windshield, stereo and lowers to make the bike work for me on trips and long rides, and then all that stuff would site in the garage for my normal day to day riding so that i could keep the great looks. The 110 was nice, but ran hot and I really don't notice much difference in power going back to a 103.

The CVO is about the nicest looking bike I could ever hope to own, but once you left the parking lot, it was just a rough bike that hurt my a$$. I traded it for a '15 Limited and could not have been happier. Not sure if that helps you...

edit: just so you know where I was coming from, I had a Heritage before that, so it would be similar to the change you are making from your old bike to a RK

Last edited by jlasoftail; 04-10-2016 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:11 PM
Eunoterpsia
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I'd go with the CVO and enjoy the ride.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:19 PM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior
Received 151 Likes on 131 Posts

Which one do you like better?

Get that one.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:51 PM
Djcamis
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If the CVO was the same price (doubt it) but if it was, I say get it. But a new road King has warssnty and that's a big part. Also more fun to make it your own!

Old 04-10-2016, 08:47 PM
PowerGuy
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

The problem is I like them both equally.

With the CVO all I have to do is bars, exhaust and wheels and it's pretty much still a CVO.

With the 16, I get to do more mods (a lot that are already done on the CVO) and can make it more my own. There's something to be said about putting you own spin on a bike. I have never been one to keep my bikes stock. Even my salesman questioned if I would be happy with the CVO.

I guess it's like choosing between your wife and your girlfriend. I know what i should do, now I just have to get over all the bells and whistles and make a decision.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:53 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts

You'll love either for sure. On a side note, what do you do for the power company?

Old 04-10-2016, 08:56 PM
Grizz02
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If they're the same price CVO if the 16 is cheaper go for the 16. Take them both out for rides stand back and look at them which one tugs at your heartstrings more.

Quick Reply: 16 ROad King or 14 RK CVO