Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Electra Glide Classic

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 12:45 PM
Shawnee Doss Haynes
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Electra Glide Classic

Okay so I was reading one of the other forums and while I was reading it got hijacked by another post and actually had the question that I was asking but it never got answered so here goes. We replaced the cam tensioners and the bike turned over and started but now it acts like it doesn't even want to have any power to the fuel pump. My check engine light comes on and stays on but sometimes it goes off and flickers and comes back on. I'm not sure if it is a crank sensor or a pinched wire I kinda need a lot of help here. As it is getting really warm outside and I'm ready to ride my bike

Old 04-09-2016, 01:17 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts

Did you remove the fuel tank and go down through the rockers to change out the tensioners or did you cut the pushrods and go with adjustables? If you cut the pushrods and just changed out the tensioners, the fuel pump wouldn't necessarily be affected. As for engine light, check the codes to see what they are and go from there.

Old 04-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Shawnee Doss Haynes
Stage III

Originally Posted by dawg
Did you remove the fuel tank and go down through the rockers to change out the tensioners or did you cut the pushrods and go with adjustables? If you cut the pushrods and just changed out the tensioners, the fuel pump wouldn't necessarily be affected. As for engine light, check the codes to see what they are and go from there.
Codes were p1004 (system relay) and p0263( rear injector open ) since writing the question we have been tracing back wires and possible problems. After removing the fuel pump from the tank again and retracing wires just to make sure everything was connected right, with the help of a test light we have come to a conclusion that maybe it is not getting a good enough ground and that is why the fuel pump is not coming on. Could this be the problem. We removed the oil pump and went through to replace the cam tensioners.

Last edited by Shawnee Doss Haynes; 04-09-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:12 PM
Shawnee Doss Haynes
Stage III

Ok got fuel pump problem fixed. It was a bad ground connection. Now bike cranks and runs however my rear cylinder is cold like it's not getting any fuel .. ugh what a headache