Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach Bike Week observation

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 07:51 AM
RanD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Myrtle Beach Bike Week observation

I'm heading to Myrtle Beach today. Just finished the IronButt SaddleSore 1000 and have another week to ride. Might as well go check out the bikes and pretty ladies for a couple of days 'I figer.' Any tips? Will it be obvious where to go to see both, or is it spread out like Sturgis?

Old 05-18-2007, 08:38 AM
CyclChyk
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am one of those women riders- but mine is an 883L. My husband and I both commented that there seem to bealot of female riders however on a percentage we have seen probably about 25-30%. One other thing I noticed is that of the bikers I have seen (I have been here all week) only about 30-35% are wearing helmets; in sandals; shorts; men with no shirts (some hot; some not) etc. I say to each his own. I would LOVE to ride my bike in shorts and sandals (its F'N HOT down here) but I wear my non Harley jeans and boots.

And yeh, some of the girls are hot but some are just plain scarry!

Old 05-18-2007, 08:41 AM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: HD Renegade

I can not get over the Yuppies on Harley's. Riding along today I look over in the next lane, here is a guy w/standard 07 Bike Week T-Shirt, jeans, and wearing loafers with no socks !!!!! These Yuppies stick out like a Turd in a Punch Bowl !!!

Bob
Loafers or shorts don't make you a yuppie.

Why are you commenting on them more than the women on the bikes??

Do you have a thing for yuppie dudes in flip flops?

Old 05-18-2007, 08:53 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

baggers give them more places to stuff the shopping trip!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:02 AM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 61 Posts

I just got back from MB on Wednesday, rode down Friday and rode home Wednesday, spent 4 days there. I can attest to the # of RUBS (and ******** too). But I still had a good time!

I was checking every roadglide I saw for aftermarket handlebars, only found a few.Saw one with 1 1/4" bars that I really liked, asked the guy who's they were and he didn't have a f&*king clue (and yes he was wearing loafers and no socks...lol).

Old 05-18-2007, 09:10 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Bags do make it nice to hold your newly bought stuff. I love buying stuff at rallies. Or buying stuff period. I swear that I like to buy more things than my wife does. of course she buys stuff for the whole family, and I just buy stuff for me. Does that make me selfish? I say no, but the wife and I had a discussion about this last week when she asked me to move out. lol Not really funny, but she later came back and said she was wrong. Ha! I have it in writing now. Gotta print this out and have her sign it, then frame it. She said, 'I could have it worse'. Friends of hers have husbands that beat them. cheat on them, and spend no time with them or their kids. I love spending time with all of them, but I love time with my bike, and am on this darn pc like 6 hours a night. That is a major concern of hers, but since I am mainly on this forum and buying stuff for the bike and NOT looking at ****, she is letting the pc stay. And me too. Man, I would love to make it to Myrtle beach. Here in NM, there are not a lot of decent rallies to attend. But, Red River is coming up on Labor Day weekend. WOO HOO!!

Old 05-18-2007, 10:07 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Hammer02

ORIGINAL: HD Renegade

I can not get over the Yuppies on Harley's. Riding along today I look over in the next lane, here is a guy w/standard 07 Bike Week T-Shirt, jeans, and wearing loafers with no socks !!!!! These Yuppies stick out like a Turd in a Punch Bowl !!!

Bob
Loafers or shorts don't make you a yuppie.

Why are you commenting on them more than the women on the bikes??

Do you have a thing for yuppie dudes in flip flops?
Not to sound like I am flaming you on this, but to use the Harley statement "If i had to explain, you would not understand."

Bob

Old 05-18-2007, 10:13 AM
huskers11
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Girls riding their own bikes is not a good thing...they are much more likely to be dressed in skimpy little clothes when they are on the back of a bike

Old 05-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Dogs of war
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

Bags do make it nice to hold your newly bought stuff. I love buying stuff at rallies. Or buying stuff period. I swear that I like to buy more things than my wife does. of course she buys stuff for the whole family, and I just buy stuff for me. Does that make me selfish? I say no, but the wife and I had a discussion about this last week when she asked me to move out. lol Not really funny, but she later came back and said she was wrong. Ha! I have it in writing now. Gotta print this out and have her sign it, then frame it. She said, 'I could have it worse'. Friends of hers have husbands that beat them. cheat on them, and spend no time with them or their kids. I love spending time with all of them, but I love time with my bike, and am on this darn pc like 6 hours a night. That is a major concern of hers, but since I am mainly on this forum and buying stuff for the bike and NOT looking at ****, she is letting the pc stay. And me too. Man, I would love to make it to Myrtle beach. Here in NM, there are not a lot of decent rallies to attend. But, Red River is coming up on Labor Day weekend. WOO HOO!!
Memorial Weekend

Old 05-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Dogwood
Tourer

ORIGINAL: huskers11

Girls riding their own bikes is not a good thing...they are much more likely to be dressed in skimpy little clothes when they are on the back of a bike
I guess you don't do too many rallys then.
At Daytona this year, 2 girls road up to the Wing House both wearing VERY small bikinis, the rider had on chaps and sneeakers, the passenger had only the bikini.
They were hot, but they were a couple, much to the disappointment of all the guys.

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach Bike Week observation