Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Kings with tour packs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 01:56 AM
henryw
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

2016 Road King with King Tour-Pak. Crushed Ice Pearl/Frosted Teal Pearl.

The following 2 users liked this post by henryw:
Jimdgreat1 (06-01-2016), Norms 427 (06-01-2016)
Old 05-30-2016, 08:54 AM
HotFzz
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been following this thread for a bit, so I appreciate everyone's pics and thoughts. I've got a '10 RK and added a Dead Center Fairing 2 years ago. It's nice for long trips and the tunes for long boring stretches of highway when there isn't much scenery, and it's nice to remove it and go bare for short day rides etc. I've been contemplating a tour pack for the longer trips, and not sure of which route I wanted to go. Now I have a much better idea and I'll go full size.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:32 AM
Check6
Road Captain

Received 299 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by ahpd1992

Here's mine, King Tour Pack, I initially had it on all of the time, now I only put it on for trips longer than a few days. It looks great, but I think it looks better without the tour pack. Of course I since put a Woody's fairing on the bike, and I'm sure I'll take that on and off whenever I see fit. I will say one thing, I never take the lowers off of the bike, keeps the wind off of my legs and I just can't live without em. That's the great thing about the Road King, it can be many bikes in one.
This is exactly what I'm looking for on my King. Do you have the HD part numbers for the tour pak and detachable mount? I have a '16 RK, hoping this will fit.

Thanks.

Old 05-30-2016, 10:10 AM
ericl
Road Warrior
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

In lieu of buying a new pak you might want to consider doing it the way I did mine, bought one on Craig's list for $300.00, bought the detachable bracket off of Craiglist for $50.00, painted vivid black $100.00.

I looked at Houstons Craig's lust and found this one, for $400.00, with the detachable mount, anyone looking should jump on it. You can pickup the leather arm rest from Mustang etc.

https://houston.craigslist.org/mpo/5564679879.html

Old 05-31-2016, 01:06 AM
Jackhole48
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Subscribed!

Old 05-31-2016, 05:52 AM
toocruisin'
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice!

Old 05-31-2016, 10:04 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by bigheadted
Roadstar I suggest going with the King version. I picked up one cheap and beat up for 50 bucks and figured the only time it would be used was long rides or trips. How it turns out is quite different.
Since it is so easy to install and remove with the QD goodies I toss the TP on all the time even on short rides. Like yesterday we went to an early breakfast in tghe foothills, kind of chilly. I tossed the mesh jackets in the TP at the last minute and it warmed up quick and we swapped gear for a nice comfy ride .

Just one example.
isnt that what the bags are for? i cant imagine why you would need two saddle bags and a tour pack for a short ride? plz explain thx

Old 05-31-2016, 11:42 AM
Hazzardousmat
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A friend of mine added a tour pak to his RKC. It restricts the leather bags from opening all the way because of how wide it is. Keep this in mind if you ever want to add one. However the leather tour pak is narrower and allows the leather bags to open more than the regular pak.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:05 PM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by INJEKTER
isnt that what the bags are for? i cant imagine why you would need two saddle bags and a tour pack for a short ride? plz explain thx

He took his wife, that's why. I can identify with that.

For me, it is much easier to dump stuff into the TP rather than fit in the bags

My cousin has a mirror attached to the underside of the TP lid, 12v receptacle in the TP, and a 12v blow dryer and 12v curling iron for his wife. My wife was jealous as all hell

Old 05-31-2016, 04:27 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Markymannn
He took his wife, that's why. I can identify with that.

For me, it is much easier to dump stuff into the TP rather than fit in the bags

My cousin has a mirror attached to the underside of the TP lid, 12v receptacle in the TP, and a 12v blow dryer and 12v curling iron for his wife. My wife was jealous as all hell
hahaha ok then... the wife....that's baggage i dont need ; )

Quick Reply: Road Kings with tour packs?