Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

detachable tour-pack without kit advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016 | 09:55 AM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member

You can buy a new Road King light bar with LED and plate bracket for less than $200 at the dealer.

Old 04-05-2016 | 06:02 PM
cike
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by cike
has anyone tried the Kuryakyn light bar http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/665...urn-signal-bar I found them new for $130 on ebay.
I like the idea of using the road king bar the best, but I can't find one. Someone had one in the classifieds on here but I was to late.
I like the way Greg did it as well, and may end up going that way if I hear to much bad about the Kuryakyn bar (had good luck with their stuff so far)
I also thought about just getting a laydown frame bolting it above the light. Could fix the whole problem for about $30 this way. the only thing is, that I would have to drill the 3 holes in the fender to mount it. I don't mind doing this if I leave it there, but I'm not sure if you would still be able to see it ok, once the tour pack is back on the bike
I ended up ordering the Kuryakyn light bar, I also got a set of the black HD 4 point docking hardware sets. Now I have to find the rack that goes under the TP and I think i'll be all set. I already have one of the antenna's that go in the fairing.

Old 04-05-2016 | 07:46 PM
mike_oh
Road Master

Originally Posted by cike
has anyone tried the Kuryakyn light bar http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/665...urn-signal-bar I found them new for $130 on ebay.
I like the idea of using the road king bar the best, but I can't find one. Someone had one in the classifieds on here but I was to late.
I like the way Greg did it as well, and may end up going that way if I hear to much bad about the Kuryakyn bar (had good luck with their stuff so far)
I also thought about just getting a laydown frame bolting it above the light. Could fix the whole problem for about $30 this way. the only thing is, that I would have to drill the 3 holes in the fender to mount it. I don't mind doing this if I leave it there, but I'm not sure if you would still be able to see it ok, once the tour pack is back on the bike
I used this bar on my bike. The plate lights are led's and illumination is good. I bought a lay down tail light lens with no window.

Old 04-09-2016 | 07:54 PM
cike
|
Tourer

got my set-up almost done. I need to get a law down lens cover with no window
$125 Kuryakyn light bar (Ebay New)
$69HD 4-point docking hardware (Ebay used)
$117.50 HD tour pack bracket (Ebay new)
$311.50

not the cheapest route, but better then the $550 that HD wants for the kit, and di'm happy with it.