Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I niether fish nor fowl?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 05:44 PM
ScooterJammer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I niether fish nor fowl?

I'm still wrestling with my current set-up on my '04 RKC (FLHRCI). My current configuration is S&S 510g Geared Cams, K&N Air Cleaner, Kerker Shark Tail Slip-ons, and a PC III. Some of you may remember me mentioning that I wasn't 100% thrilled with the HP and Torque numbers I got on my dyno runs, 69.8 peak HP and 77#s peak torque. I started wondering about this after I saw the numbers being posted in the Sticky for Bagger Dyno Runs. Now, unless y'all are a bunch a fishermen and stretching the truth, my bike is running behind the curve.

Have I somehow screwed the pooch by installing cams with no headwork? Would a change in the exhaust makea bigger difference? I still need to see what my PC III is loaded with, a canned set-up orthe custom set-up I paid for. Someone told me that the S&S Geared cams are tight at first and after they are run for awhile they loosen up and make more HP/TQ. I don't know if I necessarily buy that or not.

With all of this said, I like the way the bike runs, however, I paid for perfomance enhancements and if I'm not getting all my bang for the buck that I paid for I'd like to know.

Rant off.

ScooterJammer

Old 05-14-2007, 05:48 PM
the_icemAN
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Am I niether fish nor fowl?

that sounds almost like 'stock' numbers to me. Mabe a shade bit above stock numbers for HP/TQ but seems pretty close. I was under the impression the cams can be changed out without the need for a big-bore or whatnot. Wonder if you have an incorrect map or a very bad dyno job. Something just don't sound right to me with this.