Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Liquid Cooled Bagger?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 05:08 PM
TX_RG
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liquid Cooled Bagger?

Anything more than rumors?

Old 05-14-2007, 05:12 PM
the_icemAN
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Liquid Cooled Bagger?

Put a cooler with ice in your Tour-Pak .... should keep liquid cooled

Old 05-14-2007, 05:13 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This dealer has one for sale in the store
http://www.chesapeakehd.com/

Old 05-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Madav8tr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So does every Honda and Kawasaki dealer in America. I like my Harley's simple, reliable, easy to work on and attractive. With liquid cooling you are going to give up at least 3 of those traits.

Old 05-14-2007, 05:41 PM
the_icemAN
Road Master

nobody wants an extra fluid to change. Been workin well since the early 1900s ..... Besides .... HD would end up puttin 3rd parties out of business who sell oil coolers.... extra large fans for the jugs Oil Temp dipsticks, Oil Temp gauge (to replace the dang air-temp gauge) and even more.

Old 05-14-2007, 05:54 PM
TX_RG
Cruiser

The Revolution engine is reliable, simple, and I work on mine all the time. All the bugs have been worked out of the VROD platform, and the engine is MUCH more efficient than air/ oil cooled. I am not knocking the Twin-Cam. But, the air-cooled bikes are coming extremely lean from the factory to meet emisions. And there is not more fuilds. The VRSC does not use separate oil/ tranny/ primary. There is only Oil and coolant with VRODs.

I am simply asking if the rumors are true of a Revolution Engine powered Bagger for 2008.

I have a Blk pearld RoadGlide coming in, and quite frankly I would rather have the new platform after having a TC Fatboy and two VR's.

And do not knock the performance capabilities for the liquid cooled engine. I have 130rwhp on my StreetRod and it is completely reliable with 10,000 miles to back it up.

Old 05-14-2007, 05:59 PM
the_icemAN
Road Master

ya openin up a can of worms on liquid-cooled(LC) HD Engines.... just be warned.......

Are LC engines coming? .... probably. they are discontinuing 8 models in 2008. I'll almost bet dollars to donuts they are getting ready for the LC versions of them. Not sure ... lotsa HUSH HUSH about it but 8 models to be discontinued in a single year seems excessive. Something is brewing in the air. Just no true 'word' that I've heard about the LCs coming out in 2008. maybe 2009 or 2010?

Old 05-14-2007, 06:16 PM
vinniez
Intermediate

I was talking with my dealer a month or so ago. He had just attended a dealers meeting and stated two things are going to be happening. 1 They are going to limit the number of bikes a dealer gets each year. This means that the prices are going to be going up. 2 is we can expect a watercooled bike a lot sooner than we expected due to EPA guidlines. I saw an artical in one of therags about a INDY down in San Deigo that has a kit to turn a V-ROD into a bagger. I understand that just about all of the parts are factory HD parts. It stated that the harley guys had ben talking to him about it.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:28 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

ORIGINAL: vinniez

1 They are going to limit the number of bikes a dealer gets each year. This means that the prices are going to be going up.
Why would they limit the number of bikes?

Old 05-14-2007, 06:30 PM
the_icemAN
Road Master

trust me... number of bikes a dealer will have will be reduced some in 2008 with the removal of 8 models. That in it of itself will bring down the numbers unless they are going to 'up' the production line numbers for the remaining models.

Quick Reply: Liquid Cooled Bagger?