Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Liquid Cooled Bagger?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 01:53 AM
CndUltra95
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
Default RE: Liquid Cooled Bagger?

Liquid Cooled you say...

Enjoy ,
Rob

[IMG]local://upfiles/15055/7D833FB3841349578CB229FF17487781.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15055/D35DF709545D43BE8082C62AE722D4F3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-15-2007, 02:03 AM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard from one builder that the 2008's are rumoured to have a SE 110 coming out in the Street Glides. Might just be an option, might be a base engine for the SG, but rumour has it that this info is almost golden. Watch and see, 60 days...tic toc tic toc!

Old 05-15-2007, 02:05 AM
the_icemAN
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

think that lc engine was back in the AMF days... when HD took over ... didn't want 2 production lines. Not that they couldn't have a LC engine ... but .... well... that is just plain ugly....[8D]

Old 05-15-2007, 02:11 AM
CndUltra95
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Ice man that was 86 and the Nova Project.
The start of HD R&D maybe for the future.
I agree it sure is ugly in color and design is something to be desired, but interesting none the less .
IMO.
Cheers,
Rob

Old 05-15-2007, 04:45 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I am just curious as to what will come out. I bought my first Harley ('05 rk custom) a year ago. I have owned countless metric bikes in my days, and nothing bad to say about them, except, they weren't a Harley! When I rode/owned my first bike back in '85, I had been dreaming of owning a Harley. And until my lovely bride set her mind to get me one, it was just that, a dream. I feel fortunate that I own a Harley. Not everyone can or does. But, it seems to me that, everyone wants to. Even those sport bike riders. I see them at all the bike shows drooling over the HD (usually a VROD [:'(]). I have no insight what direction HD is going, but I know, in my heart of hearts, that this boy will never own another bike other than a Harley. There just isn't another feeling like it. At least not that I have experienced.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:09 AM
ironoxide
Road Captain

Liquid cooled? Yes, but it will be a environmentally, carbon footprint friendly, diesel based engine.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:35 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's inevitable. With CARB2008 and EPA2010 right around the corner, how much leaner do you think they can make the current motors run? Not saying they won't be able to comply with the A/C, just much more efficient with an L/C. There's more threads here about increasing power on their A/C's than you can shake a stick at. People ran 61 and 74 inch Harleys for decades, now they're 96 inchers and don't have enough get up and go? 50 years ago, the average bike was a 500!(30 CID)

Old 05-15-2007, 05:12 PM
TX_RG
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny thing, I've noticed is all these Liquid Cooled haters sound just like all the Evo guys did about the TwinCam back in '99. Why change it, I like the EVO, It works great, I'ld never have a bike with a TwinCam. And that was going from on Air Cooled engine to another. Liquid Cooled does not mean the company is giving up it's history, It just means that is is keeping up with the future before it ends up like very other dinosuar company the refused to grow and improve their product...................extinct.

I loved my TC88 Fatboy. I know after riding a VROD or StreetRod for the last 3 1/2 yrs that the Revo engine is reliable and able to run more efficently. And does not suffer from Over-Heating down here in South Texas like my FatBoy did in traffic.

And I've been riding over 25 yrs. I have riden all kinds of bikes and styles from Dual-Sport R1150GS to a FatBoy. I hope to always own a Harley, but there are other manufacturers I wish I had in my garage also.

And get overthis crap about the VROD line not being "REAL" Harleys and grow-up. They said the same thing in 1957 when the Sportsterwas introduced as the first Muscle Bike.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:41 PM
JohnC88
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: vinniez

I was talking with my dealer a month or so ago. He had just attended a dealers meeting and stated two things are going to be happening. 1 They are going to limit the number of bikes a dealer gets each year. This means that the prices are going to be going up.
Did you ever think your dealer might be in BS mode to sell bikes now?

HD is a publicly traded company. They aren't interested in keeping sales down, they want to increase sales. They could give a rat's hind end about the value of your used bike or the dealers' ability to charge above MSRP.

Sorry, this one doesn't pass the smell test.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:45 PM
356rider
Intermediate

Well, count me as a liquid cooled hater, at least for the big twin HD. If or when Harley moves their big twin flagship models to radiators, it will have a negative impact on their bottom line. Some will like it, but they have moved over from metric bikes. Those who have ridden Harley's for years and wouldn't ride anything else will mourn the passing of the air cooled big twin terribly. I won't be buying any new Harleys if that happens and I don't think I'll be alone.

Oh, and Sportsters... sorry but 50 years later, they're still half a Harley. I can respect the VROD for what it is... I just don't want one.

'07 Ultra
'69 FLH

Quick Reply: Liquid Cooled Bagger?