Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***Warning****

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 07:24 AM
cgtrigg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Warning****

I know this has probably been discussed to everyone is tired of hearing it but I feel if I didnt say anything after my boneheaded move and at least save one person from the headache I am currently going thru I wouldnt be a decent brother on two wheels.

Backstory: after a what seems like eternity of a winter I was finally able to the the bike out for a ride. Been staring me in the face all winter there in the garage. so I fire it up let her warm a bit and take off around the block, hit the main street get into to throttle and get that grin (you know what i mean) get home park in the drive, come out a little later to put her away for the evening and no start, I look, key and fob is missing (yes i left it in the lock, im bad about letting it hang there) take off in truck, see the fob laying in the road, get out, its busted. So here starts the journey

jump on the internet see that i can bypass the security, try all the known codes, nothing works, get manual out, nothing written down. scoot up to dealer, they say bring it in they can redo fobs. I research more talk to several other techs, they cannot do fobs with a locked bike, i call the orginal selling dealer they give me their standard code, no go, no way to track ownership, Im stuck with a locked bike

Basically they say that if you do not have a working fob, or know the security code the only fix is to remove the HFSM and replace with a new one, maybe they get lucky and dont have to do the ecm maybe they have to, coundlt tell me for sure. Basically they are saying there is no back door into their system to override security codes. Basically i am going to remove the HFSM and replace it with the TSSM to bypass the alarm at this time.

So Please do yourself a favor, if you do not have an extra fob..GET ONE.
if you do not know the security code of your ride...LEARN IT, OR CHANGE IT
a new fob is 40 bucks at the dealer, an hour to program, a new HFSM starts at 350.00 plus labor to install and program. its a very minor precaution but at the end of the day, knowing that code or having that fob will save you a lot of headaches and bills in your wallet. Everyone with the passive system should know about the bypass and how to set it and what their current code is, it will keep you from having non start security system problems

on a side not I have some folks at corporate that i know that i have asked about a backdoor into the system but no one has gotten back to me

please take the time and learn this simple procedure

Old 02-29-2016, 07:32 AM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Try the last numbers of your VIN as the code, some dealers will set them up that way.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:40 AM
tcdillon
Novice

Try code 0000 they leave the factory that way

Old 02-29-2016, 07:49 AM
tcdillon
Novice

My mistake five zero's anyone can take your bike if its not changed comes from factory like that hope that helps suprized dealer didnt tell you

Old 02-29-2016, 07:51 AM
cgtrigg
Cruiser

tried both, its funny they tell you you cannot use zeros but thats the first digit that comes up, but if you roll past it you cannot get to it again

last 5 of my vin was my first attempt, tried most of the standard codes my dealer even said when doing a vin search they showed a code but alas none worked.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:52 AM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

dealers use 11111 also.

Last edited by Smokey Stover; 02-29-2016 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:53 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 1,601 Posts

You've tried 12345? and 11111?

Any chance you can solder your fob moboard back together just so you can unlock the bike and change the code one time or is the FOB completely destroyed?

Old 02-29-2016, 07:57 AM
cgtrigg
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tcdillon
My mistake five zero's anyone can take your bike if its not changed comes from factory like that hope that helps suprized dealer didnt tell you
according to both dealers here dealers are instructed to change code, most dealers have their own code. I was able to get the selling dealers code but that didnt work. I purchased this as a salvage bike so i went back to the dealership i bought from but he had no previous owners info, told me they send bikes without fobs to local dealer and have HFSM removed

Old 02-29-2016, 08:00 AM
cgtrigg
Cruiser

Originally Posted by lp
You've tried 12345? and 11111?

Any chance you can solder your fob moboard back together just so you can unlock the bike and change the code one time or is the FOB completely destroyed?
missing one piece of one chip off the board unfortnately, had it came out unschathed i would have gotten an ebay fob and swapped it

Old 02-29-2016, 08:02 AM
cgtrigg
Cruiser

i've tried 12345, 00000, 31313, 77777. and 11111 all with no luck

Quick Reply: ***Warning****