Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***Warning****

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 05:20 PM
btsom
Grand HDF Member
Received 768 Likes on 521 Posts

Don't know what Harley spends publishing owner's manuals but it sure seems to be a total waste. In this instance with it being a used bike, perhaps there wasn't an owners manual either.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:22 PM
cgtrigg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by electricstart
First off where is the second fob . Second check your manual that is where the dealer wrote my code .Third try doing code a few times on my 13 it takes me a few tries before I get the damn thing to work. To me the whole fob and code is a real pain .I should say fob is ok unless battery in fob goes dead or you do what you did. What you did is not that un common . Like already said maybe try locksmith they do those electronic safe locks . Good luck
used salvage bike, only got one fob with it, book was empty nothing there. I'm in Indiana the bike was originally sold in Nevada, when I called them Saturday they gave me one code, but today the other service guy said they have 5 and gave me all 5 in order of their usage. their #2 code worked right away

I am still talking with former colleagues at HD to find our for sure if there was a back door put in, I'm guessing in 07 they shut that door by what I am being told by various hd techs

Old 02-29-2016, 05:23 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,870 Likes on 9,333 Posts

I don't think there is a Redmond, MI. There is a Redford, MI on the west side of Detroit.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:36 PM
cgtrigg
Cruiser

Originally Posted by btsom
Don't know what Harley spends publishing owner's manuals but it sure seems to be a total waste. In this instance with it being a used bike, perhaps there wasn't an owners manual either.

no I have the owners manual, it unfortunately still contains both cards and no code written in, so without the code or a working fob unfortunately the manual was only good for starting a fire, even the service manual is in that same boat, no code, no fob, no start,

that's what my warning is all about I will admit I was uneducated on the fob/code. autos don't program that way, didn't give it a thought that the moco would be *** backwards and remove a very simple piece of code that would allow them to do a factory reset. please everyone make sure you know the procedure as well as your code

Old 02-29-2016, 05:38 PM
cgtrigg
Cruiser

Originally Posted by EasternSP
I don't think there is a Redmond, MI. There is a Redford, MI on the west side of Detroit.

yes you are correct it is redford around detroit

Old 02-29-2016, 05:42 PM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Try 31313. That is the code in my 07 and 12 owners manual. My dealer had them set to that number.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:45 PM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

That is the number in the picture showing the odometer windows, in the section discussing changing the code.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:27 PM
jdw1
Road Captain
Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

Glad you were able to resolve your problem with out spending a load of cash!

Old 02-29-2016, 07:33 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 248 Posts

That's an expensive lesson to learn...sorry

Old 02-29-2016, 08:00 PM
cgtrigg
Cruiser

for sure but if one person can learn from my mistake its worth it to share the embarassment

Quick Reply: ***Warning****