Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***Warning****

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 02:41 PM
bettingpython
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 247 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Ganooch
So you have to know the current code in order to program your own. Programming my own was the first thing I did. I believe that my dealer wrote the code in my manual. I would check there.

Outside of your predicament, there are good reasons to change your PIN code to something you remember. Out here in TX, there is a ton of interference where bikes won't register the fob. We have had 5 or 6 bikes all inoperable at once. Without knowing your PIN code, the only resolution is to push your bike across the parking lot where there is less interference. That gets annoying three or so times a day (it has happened to our group).
Pre Rushmore when you entered programming mode it showed the current code, my 13 street glide and my wife's 2009 CVO Fat Bob both did the same thing when I changed them. The Rushmore bikes do not show you the code that is currently set when you enter programming mode.

I personally am just fine that they do not have a backdoor.

I borrowed a friends 2014 CVO Road King a week ago I asked him if he knew his pin code in case I lost the fob on the road and needed to call him. He didn't, not only that I guessed it on the first try 11111, he now has a new pin code, no way I was leaving his bike at the hotel with a "default" code everyone tries first. And he can always call me if he forgets it.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:06 PM
cgtrigg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bettingpython
Pre Rushmore when you entered programming mode it showed the current code, my 13 street glide and my wife's 2009 CVO Fat Bob both did the same thing when I changed them. The Rushmore bikes do not show you the code that is currently set when you enter programming mode.

I personally am just fine that they do not have a backdoor.

I borrowed a friends 2014 CVO Road King a week ago I asked him if he knew his pin code in case I lost the fob on the road and needed to call him. He didn't, not only that I guessed it on the first try 11111, he now has a new pin code, no way I was leaving his bike at the hotel with a "default" code everyone tries first. And he can always call me if he forgets it.
need a working fob to get to programming mode.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:30 PM
RevBlk
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

All 07's were delivered with a code of 13131. Maybe same for 08. Give it a try. There is 2 cards in my owners manual. When I changed mine I wrote the new code on one of the cards. You can then put the card in your wallet. I didn't because if I can't remember my number it means I'm eating pablum and shouldn't be anywhere near a bike. If you have the manual check for the cards at the back. Good Luck

Old 02-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Frostbite
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,765 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Take the fob to someone who does electronics and see if they can jury rig a repair around the piece that was broke. If the fob didn't short out when it was crunched the pin number should still be in it. All you need is that fob to work long enough to get a replacement.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:14 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

On my 03 I didn't know the code, and they were able to re set it with the digital tech, can they not do it on Rushmore bikes?

Old 02-29-2016, 04:34 PM
CalgaryBikeBum
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokey Stover
Plumpers Union? Is that some kind of fat chick dating service? lol. Sorry had to do it lol.
HAHAHAHA Was thinking exact same thing !

Old 02-29-2016, 04:58 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,370 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by RevBlk
All 07's were delivered with a code of 13131.
no, they weren't. my 07 came with the last 5 of the vin. same with the wife's 07. actually, all my bike's with security have been the last 5 (5 of them)

Old 02-29-2016, 05:12 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,575 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill03E
On my 03 I didn't know the code, and they were able to re set it with the digital tech, can they not do it on Rushmore bikes?
From what I understand they can if you have a working fob with you.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:14 PM
electricstart
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

First off where is the second fob . Second check your manual that is where the dealer wrote my code .Third try doing code a few times on my 13 it takes me a few tries before I get the damn thing to work. To me the whole fob and code is a real pain .I should say fob is ok unless battery in fob goes dead or you do what you did. What you did is not that un common . Like already said maybe try locksmith they do those electronic safe locks . Good luck

Old 02-29-2016, 05:18 PM
cgtrigg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

correct if you do not have a fob or the passcode they need to replace the hfsm and marry it to the ecu. then they can do fobs. prior to 07 digital tech could reset the code, this is what I was told today by a tech

on a side note I called the selling dealer back today, he gave me 5 codes that they use, I already had three of them, the first one I didn't have worked, so I have taken care of the code issue, started the bike, I will take it to the dealer next and get the new fobs linked up.

my situation happened to work out, please anyone with the passive system make sure you dot your I's and cross your T's I can move on and finish the paint and powder coat without worrying about where I stand on the starting issue

Quick Reply: ***Warning****