Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***Warning****

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 11:26 AM
chief08
Road Master
Received 210 Likes on 107 Posts

try your zip coed

Old 02-29-2016, 11:29 AM
cgtrigg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did that one too, Ive got a call into harley, need to call back with my vin they said they would do what they could to help me out.

I still struggle with the statement that they have no back door to get into the system to do a factory reset, or code reset. that should be fundamental to any sort of software that is used for repair. hoping when i call HD back this afternoon they point me in a direction that can reset or at the very least let me send in my HFSM/ECM and have them reflash it to a factory set pass code

oh well i have a plan in place in case there is no way to save the current system

Old 02-29-2016, 11:48 AM
Dobe66
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cgtrigg
missing one piece of one chip off the board unfortnately, had it came out unschathed i would have gotten an ebay fob and swapped it
Neighbor ran over the fob for his car which also had some broken parts on the motherboard. Took a gamble and dropped it off at a kiosk in the mall that did his iphone repair. Success when he thought there wasn't a chance. Might be worth a shot.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:59 AM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

90210?

Old 02-29-2016, 12:15 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,530 Likes on 1,425 Posts

My Dealer went over my bike's code with me when I bought my bike, and I changed that code as soon as I got home.
Secure the fob, dude.
I keep mine in my pocket when I ride.
Hang it anywhere and you are taking a chance.
And, when I park my bike and walk away - including at home - the fob is never left anywhere near the bike.
Think SECURITY.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:16 PM
cgtrigg
Cruiser

well that was either the most disappointing phone call or the biggest blow off ever

according to HD customer care there is no way for their diagnostic software to reset that code once its been changed. Personally i find it odd that the diagnostic tool that controls everything about the bike, including the ability to install a new one, doesn't have the ability to reset the old one. it can control everything on the bike but that? are you serious

im thinking i just got the brush off. gonna go ahead and call the original dealer again and see if they can contact the original purchaser and maybe get luckly

on a side note, does anyone know anything about this diagnostic tool

DIAG4 BIKE Serial Diagnostic System Harley Software AT 531 5049

according to the info on ebay and other places it has the ability to
HFSM Customization......Key FOB assignment/replacement, Auto arming disable/enable, PIN read/change not that i would spend 800+ for this software but if it has the ability, wouldnt you think that the HD/delphi software would as well. jsut ranting i guess, no one to blame but myself for the siuation

Old 02-29-2016, 12:18 PM
89FLHTC
Supporter
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

After reading this thread, I gave my Evo a big hug

Old 02-29-2016, 12:18 PM
cgtrigg
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
My Dealer went over my bike's code with me when I bought my bike, and I changed that code as soon as I got home.
Secure the fob, dude.
I keep mine in my pocket when I ride.
Hang it anywhere and you are taking a chance.
And, when I park my bike and walk away - including at home - the fob is never left anywhere near the bike.
Think SECURITY.
100% agree this is my fault. i unfortunately did not know about the security bypass or I would have taken care of that up front. my first with the passive system, my dyna had the push button, pretty self explanatory on those.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:09 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dougbk
Try the last numbers of your VIN as the code, some dealers will set them up that way.
My dealers uses (at least last time I bought a bike there) the zip code.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:14 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

So you have to know the current code in order to program your own. Programming my own was the first thing I did. I believe that my dealer wrote the code in my manual. I would check there.

Outside of your predicament, there are good reasons to change your PIN code to something you remember. Out here in TX, there is a ton of interference where bikes won't register the fob. We have had 5 or 6 bikes all inoperable at once. Without knowing your PIN code, the only resolution is to push your bike across the parking lot where there is less interference. That gets annoying three or so times a day (it has happened to our group).

Quick Reply: ***Warning****