Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter riding in the Ozarks

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016 | 03:20 PM
Faulkner
|
Road Captain
Default Winter riding in the Ozarks

Here in the Arkansas Ozarks we get the occasional acceptable riding weather throughout the winter. We had snow last weekend while this last weekend in February I took my Ultra out for a spin on some backroads.

I was riding down a two lane blacktop county road when I passed by this old abandoned dogtrot cabin that caught my eye. A couple of miles further down the road I came upon a an intersection with a country store at one of the corners. It was a little after noon so I stopped and picked up an order of fried chicken wings, potato wedges, a roll and an ice cold Mountain Dew in a glass bottle. I turned around and went back down the road to the old foxtrot cabin and had nice solitary picnic lunch while sitting on the front porch steps. Opportunities like these is what I love about riding and reminds me how fortunate I am to live in the Ozarks.

Old 02-28-2016 | 04:44 PM
OkieBill
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force

Sweet ride - certainly better weather this weekend than last week over your way. Got to love the Ozarks in early spring!

Gotta love that "Sooner Crimson" paint on your ride. Catch much grief from the Hog fans?

Old 02-28-2016 | 04:47 PM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior

Would of taken a ride today as temps hit about 60F. I just don't like riding in 45-50 mile per hour winds if i don't have too Winter Storm 2 imminent Tue/Wed

Old 02-28-2016 | 05:09 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member

Great Pic !! I hope to get to visit the Ozarks . Weather was good here in south Alabama ,windy but a pretty day to get out.

Old 02-28-2016 | 05:31 PM
brenter
Intermediate
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Faulkner
Here in the Arkansas Ozarks we get the occasional acceptable riding weather throughout the winter. We had snow last weekend while this last weekend in February I took my Ultra out for a spin on some backroads.

I was riding down a two lane blacktop county road when I passed by this old abandoned dogtrot cabin that caught my eye. A couple of miles further down the road I came upon a an intersection with a country store at one of the corners. It was a little after noon so I stopped and picked up an order of fried chicken wings, potato wedges, a roll and an ice cold Mountain Dew in a glass bottle. I turned around and went back down the road to the old foxtrot cabin and had nice solitary picnic lunch while sitting on the front porch steps. Opportunities like these is what I love about riding and reminds me how fortunate I am to live in the Ozarks.

Very pretty bike!!!

Old 02-28-2016 | 05:34 PM
mapleleaf H-D
Novice

Up here in Canada we're getting some winter riding in also. Been out every month this year. I'll bet you've planned road trips to be perfect and haven't turned out as good as that one. Ya just gotta go sometimes, see where it takes you. Cool pics.

Old 02-28-2016 | 09:19 PM
Faulkner
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mapleleaf H-D
Up here in Canada we're getting some winter riding in also. Been out every month this year. I'll bet you've planned road trips to be perfect and haven't turned out as good as that one. Ya just gotta go sometimes, see where it takes you. Cool pics.
Yep, sometimes the unplanned rides are the most rewarding.

Old 02-28-2016 | 09:37 PM
HDSAE60
Road Master
Default Cool

You don't see many houses with a "breeze way" anymore.

Old 02-29-2016 | 07:04 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

The Queens are doing our annual trip in August and will be based out of Eureka Springs. Hope some of you will come and meet up with us.