Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on my 07 Road Glide Dieing

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007 | 09:23 PM
bucs012
|
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on my 07 Road Glide Dieing

Some of you may recall that last year my 07 RG was dieing on me. It would normally only do it when my bike was nice and warmed up. I would be riding along and everything went dead. Pull over, turn key off then back on, fire it up and off on my way again. Might be fine for 5 miles or 100 miles before it would do it again. At first they check all wiring connections and found nothing. Did a reflash too. Same thing was happening. Took it back in and they check my switches and connections and again said they found nothing. Road it back home and it died on the way home. Took it back out there the next day and told them. "Start replacing parts till it's fixed!!!'If I get killed or injured out on the interstate HD is going to have a major lawsuit on their hands.

They called HD and replaced the ECM unit. last fall. So far I have put 400 miles on her with no problems.

Old 05-13-2007 | 09:26 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Update on my 07 Road Glide Dieing

Now ride it like you stole it![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-13-2007 | 09:30 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Glad they swapped the brain........no worries now! Things like that are SO disconcerting........you sure as heck don't want to think about leaving town. Hooray for the MoCo for doing the right thing.

Old 05-13-2007 | 10:11 PM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

glad they found your problem.

Old 05-13-2007 | 10:14 PM
JeffSG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like ya got some lost time to make up for. Ride safe and have fun!

Peace,

Old 05-13-2007 | 10:35 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Mr Wonderful

Glad they swapped the brain........no worries now! Things like that are SO disconcerting........you sure as heck don't want to think about leaving town. Hooray for the MoCo for doing the right thing.
I'm glad they got it fixed for you finally but I don't think there are any Hooray's or Cheers that need to be givento them for doing the right thing. That's what they are supposed to do under the warranty, FIX IT!From what I read on these forum's there are toomany times it sounds like that they don't do the right thing and the customer suffers and has to waste their time bringing their bike back to the dealer over and over and arguing with them.JMHO

Old 05-13-2007 | 10:50 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

I agree That is great that they did the wright thing. Does also seem like they tossed you around a little much in the begining. I had a defective throttle cable and where as bike was rideable it would have taken them weeks,maybe months?.. to fix .But thanks to members of this board I got the "motivational counciling" to stand up to them. end of store ..fixed on the spot

Old 05-14-2007 | 12:20 AM
bucs012
|
Road Master

Well I should have mentioned a big THANKS out to a lot of you. I posted on the site and was given some options and things to check out on my own. Someone mentioned to me about the ECM (sorry I don't remember who you are) so I sounded a little more educated when talking to the dealer. I truely believe that by learning on this site, you can walk into the dealer with knowing a lot more than they think you do! It makes you sound smarter and they start listening because they know you're not blowing smoke or mentioning things that don't make any sense.

Old 05-14-2007 | 04:43 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree BUCS. Since finding this forum, I have picked up a few things myself. Had the dealer do a rotor swap (SB I heard about on here). When I went in and complained about the noise (although mine had stopped by adding the foam a year ago), they said it was normal. I then whipped back, there was a SB about this on my year of touring bike. That the rotors needed to be swapped from left to right. "OH", was their reply. 'They' had heard of it, and swept my bike back to do it. They asked me when I received the SB. Told them I didn't, read about it on this forum. Then I had to write this web address down for all of them. They had never heard of this site. Wish this forum would come up with some magnetic business cards with the web address on it. Sure would save me some time. Every time I talk to anyone that has a harley, I write down this web address for them. It is a great resource for us all. I just wish the wife would get off my @ss about being on here every night. [:@]

Old 05-14-2007 | 07:17 AM
lschultz
Road Master

I think they know more about these websites than they will admit. They play dumb to much- well most of them are dumb. Glad you got your bike fixed Bucs. These ECM's are fine when they work but when they get flaky well you know how they are.