Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ear Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 10:57 PM
BrianDamage
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ear Plugs

I've got some custom made earplugs that I had made at a hearing aid store. I have an orange pair with tiny "filters" in them to make it easier to hear people talking (got them for work, so they have a tether between them) and also have a pair I got made in clear without the filters and tether.They work great for riding and are REALLY comfortable. I may get another pair of the clear ones made with the filters in them so I can hear what I need to and still protect my ears

Old 05-13-2007, 10:58 PM
BGHV65
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

....you guys need to type a little louder, I just got back from a 400 mile road trip and I can't read this post..........

Old 05-13-2007, 10:59 PM
cavedog
Tourer

Wear your ear plugs if you have a shortie helmet. This is funny but true. Rode without my plugs one day. It was a very cool day. I could feel the wind a little more than usual. Long story short. The air pushed a hair up next to my ear drum. Kept hearing noises in my ear. Gratting and roughness. Had to go to a DR. to get it figured out. What a pain and a worthless expense but it did cure the problem. So how stupid do I sound now.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:32 AM
Rollon
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I can't hear ya! Seriously, i switched to full face several yrs back to reduce noise and wind coming up into my face. A flip front helmet is good, but full face is much better.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:46 AM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Just did an iron butt ride over 2 weekends ago... I wear a 1/2 helmet, and the wind affected me more that I thought it would. Despite the fact that I have a headset for heaing CB that I wear with my 1/2 helmet, the wind still was a factor -- and the ol' ears were definitely complaining by the end of the ride! I had that same feeling I used to experience after a rock concert, and I thought there was a big motor running somewhere close to me... Loud rushing sound in the ears, left more than right, and difficulty hearing articulations in voice and others sounds... I think all is returned to normal now.... But next time, I'm putting in some ear plugs too. It is a one-way street on hearing loss...

Old 05-14-2007, 01:16 AM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

Hummm, I've never thought about wearing ear plugs. Do they stay put?

Hack

Old 05-14-2007, 01:43 AM
kansasroadking
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, they stay put, I started using cotton a few years ago, it works but the foam plugs are much better.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:30 AM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jerseyjeff62

in april took a ride from NJ to NC.didn't wear or even think about ear plugs,well when i got there could really hear till the next evening,everone was telling me the next time i should use them but can i hear the radio?
I just recently "upgraded" to HogTunes on my Ultra. And as an experiment I've been wearing earplugs the last 2 weeks when riding. Much to my surprise I've actually turned the stereo volume down a few notches with the earplugs in because the music is not being garbled by the wind noise. It definitely makes a positive difference...IMO.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:03 PM
TRUBRIT
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wear a 1/2 and use the Silicon plugs from Walmart. (Macks)
A box costs $5.00. They are reusable. I get longer life out of them by keeping them in one of those small Contact lens cases. Keeps them clean and pliable.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Timex
Tourer

what ya say ?????

Quick Reply: Ear Plugs