Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Ultra-Heated Grips Not Standard?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 05:30 PM
thehueg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Glide Ultra-Heated Grips Not Standard?

In looking at the new Road Glide Ultra, I was surprised it doesn't come with heated grips/seat standard. For a bike which Harley's own site says is ridden more miles than any of their bikes, it would seem it would be loaded. Other touring bikes at far lower bikes consider these expected in a real touring bike. I asked my local dealer whether the bike came with these and he shrugged his shoulders and indicated most prospective buyers ask the same question. He stated "We usually just add them". I realize Harley may think they can extract another few hundred dollars but sure seems they missed understanding customer expectations.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:44 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

some of us don't need or want them.

heated grips will help keep parts of your hands warm, but heated gloves will keep your whole hand warm.

Mike

Old 02-20-2016, 06:41 PM
Ultraboy105
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

It's an Ultra with wet heads not a Limited. Wait till next year when they bring out a "new model" "Road Glide Ultra Limited".

Old 02-20-2016, 06:45 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,635 Likes on 1,180 Posts

Don't feel bad, they left them off the Limited Low too, even though the Low is about a grand more than the Limited.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the links below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 02-20-2016, 07:13 PM
DesertCamper
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was one of the deciding factors for going with the Limited vs Road Glide Ultra. I had originally planned to add the heated grips to the RGU, but the cost of about $700 would have brought the bike up to the price of the Ultra Limited. With all the other extra features the Limited had over the Ultra it was an easier choice for me.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:14 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,797 Likes on 2,538 Posts

You'd be surprised what wasn't on my '13 Road Glide Ultra with 3 miles when I picked it up. That is HD marketing method. How about new Dynas with solo seats and no rear foot pegs, HD's marketing at it's finest.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:19 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,354 Likes on 5,496 Posts

I prefer heat gloves anyway Grips just don't cut in the weather I ride in. I sure do like the 2016 RGU.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:22 PM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by DesertCamper
I had originally planned to add the heated grips to the RGU, but the cost of about $700 would have brought the bike up to the price of the Ultra Limited.
Yikes, Your dealer's lying and ripping you off BIG time. Didn't cost me that much when I had it installed on my Ultra.

Thorey

Old 02-20-2016, 07:25 PM
HazyHog
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Agree with you on the heated grips. Any bike that is intended for touring should have these as standard equipment. For those of us up north the heated grips are invaluable. They make a complete difference for cold weather riding.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:45 PM
DesertCamper
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeafUltra
Yikes, Your dealer's lying and ripping you off BIG time. Didn't cost me that much when I had it installed on my Ultra.

Thorey
Nah, they didn't rip me off, that's just what they would have charged. Anything that goes through the handlebars on a Limited is going to be more than a RGU. More labor.

I couldn't expect them to do it for the cost of me doing it myself. The dealer's are expensive, but so are car dealerships. They have lot's of overhead and everyone deserves to make a living. Somethings I do add-ons to the bike myself but in this case I would have wanted it thrown in with the deal although it would have raised the price for sure. That way, they'd be covered under the full warranty, 7 years with the ESP.

Quick Reply: Road Glide Ultra-Heated Grips Not Standard?