Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Higher bars on an Ultra/Limited

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016 | 05:28 PM
Blu88
Cruiser

Mine is 14 inch wild one chubby reaper bars .. Stock cables

Old 02-18-2016 | 10:09 PM
usaf8ret
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by sn95bullitt
Don't do bars if you can't afford ones that fit you. Waste of money.
Wow....that's quite an arrogant assumption. Was there something in my question that led you to believe I'm destitute or living in a cardboard box?

Old 02-18-2016 | 10:10 PM
usaf8ret
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by skydude426
Unless you can go all the way and get the bars you want, don't do anything. You'll regret the cheep route. You can't gain much without changing cables and brake lines.
Can you explain what you mean by "going all the way"?

Old 02-18-2016 | 10:12 PM
usaf8ret
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by pitbulllimited
Not all bars will fit the extra wires for the heated hand grips.
There's plenty of room with heated hand grips on any stock bike. What are you talking about?

Old 02-18-2016 | 10:21 PM
usaf8ret
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by lp
There are plenty of bars out there that you can run without changing the brake or ABS line.
Like...WO578, WO577, Reapers 10-12", KST Mayhem 10-12", Monkey Bars 10-12", Road 6 customs 10-12, LA Choppers 10-13" and a bunch more.
Not all of these look great with stock lines, so check out this thread and all the pics etc.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...-the-apes.html
Thanks but I have a Limited.

Old 02-18-2016 | 10:23 PM
usaf8ret
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hunter55
Wild1 wo578 10" bars bring your hands near fairing top edge Clutch and Brake lines fit no problem,new poly bushing and control wire extension,If you are doing the work yourself probably $300
Thanks, that what I was asking.

Old 02-19-2016 | 05:32 AM
skydude426
Club Member

Originally Posted by usaf8ret
There's plenty of room with heated hand grips on any stock bike. What are you talking about?
Yes. What I mean is don't change bars assuming the stock cables will fit so you are unprepared to invest more money on longer cables and or brake lines. I've been in that position before. So I learned, if I'm changing bars, I will more than likely be changing cables. I don't like to try and rerouted them and stretch them tight when turning the bars. I prefer to have the right length cable and brake line to keep close to factory routing. As I said in a different thread on this subject, and inch too long is better than an inch too short.

Old 02-19-2016 | 05:48 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Wow....that's quite an arrogant assumption. Was there something in my question that led you to believe I'm destitute or living in a cardboard box?
In his defense, you are the one that said on a budget....to some that means the cheap way out....
I was in the same boat but I waited and tried several people's bikes until I found the style and size I wanted...
If the bar you need is taller than what you budget allows, wait, do it right the first time and be done.

Old 02-19-2016 | 05:48 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks but I have a Limited.
That thread applies to Limiteds.

Anyway, what year? SBates was right about there being a difference in what is possible depending on year.

Not all aftermarket bars accept stock Harley heated grips.

Last edited by lp; 02-19-2016 at 05:50 AM.
Old 02-19-2016 | 07:47 PM
usaf8ret
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
In his defense, you are the one that said on a budget....to some that means the cheap way out....
I was in the same boat but I waited and tried several people's bikes until I found the style and size I wanted...
If the bar you need is taller than what you budget allows, wait, do it right the first time and be done.
I appreciate your response but he made a "cheap" assumption. I have run 16's on my older RK and Softails. I was simply asking what the tallest bars could be put on a Limited without a clutch cable and brake line. I wonder why getting a simple answer on this forum always seems to end up with folks feeling the need to add opinion rather than just stating the facts.

Thanks for the response!

Quick Reply: Higher bars on an Ultra/Limited