Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Modulator on '07 FLH

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 02:28 PM
EGlideKid
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Modulator on '07 FLH

Anybody put a headlight modulator on their FLHTCU with a security system? Were there complications or problems with the security system. Further, has anybody checked out the modulators at comagination.com? They have a relay kit that wires the headlight directly to the battery, and claims that with it all 12 volts will reach the headlight on essentially a "dedicated circuit", making it way brighter than the factory wiring job. Their rep couldn't tell me if there will be a problem with the security system, so I thought I would ask all you experts out there. If you bought this relay kit from them, did it interfere with the security system? How did you end up liking it?
If you bought someone else's product, who's did you buy, did you install it yourself, and how do you like it?
Thanks for your replies.
EGK

Old 05-12-2007, 03:05 PM
gordon188
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Headlight Modulator on '07 FLH

I put this one an 02 EGC. Happy so far,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/new-M...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 05-12-2007, 05:42 PM
robbitybob
Advanced

I installed a Kisan one on my UC. Works on the high beam only.I get noticed by folk in cars. Being seen is good.

Old 05-12-2007, 05:55 PM
bdjhog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the comagination headlight and brake light modulators on my 2006 Street Glide with security system. I had no problems what so ever. The headlight modulator is plug and play, the brake light modulator requires you to splice into the 12V power line going directly to the brake light. Not hard to do, but requires a litte soldering and knowing which color wire goes to the brake light vs. the running lights/turn signals.

Here's a couple of short videos showing the headlight modulator and brake light modulator:

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/bdjones72/?action=view&current=7e0cb5b2.pbr

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/bdjones72/?action=view&current=100_0233.flv

I also did the spot lamp mod so that they stay on when I turn on the high beam which is what activates the modulator. So my headlight flashes and the driving lights stay solid. I've had several people tell me when I pulled up next to them that "there's something wrong with your headlight". I figure if they took the time to tell me about it then they obviously saw me which is the goal. The brake light modulator seems to be doing it's job as well. I commute on a parkway for work and in several spots where other major roadways merge into the highway I'm on traffic builds up. This particular raod has a bad reputation for rear end collisions as people tend to ride their brakes down the hill in slow moving traffic. Since I installed the brake light modulator I've noticied that the car behind me tends to stay back a little further and when I initially hit the brakes they slow down much more quickly never really getting too close to me. I personally find these two modifications to be the best thing I've done to my bike since I bought it.

Old 05-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: bdjhog

I installed the comagination headlight and brake light modulators on my 2006 Street Glide with security system. I had no problems what so ever. The headlight modulator is plug and play, the brake light modulator requires you to splice into the 12V power line going directly to the brake light. Not hard to do, but requires a litte soldering and knowing which color wire goes to the brake light vs. the running lights/turn signals.

Here's a couple of short videos showing the headlight modulator and brake light modulator:

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/bdjones72/?action=view&current=7e0cb5b2.pbr

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/bdjones72/?action=view&current=100_0233.flv

I also did the spot lamp mod so that they stay on when I turn on the high beam which is what activates the modulator. So my headlight flashes and the driving lights stay solid. I've had several people tell me when I pulled up next to them that "there's something wrong with your headlight". I figure if they took the time to tell me about it then they obviously saw me which is the goal. The brake light modulator seems to be doing it's job as well. I commute on a parkway for work and in several spots where other major roadways merge into the highway I'm on traffic builds up. This particular raod has a bad reputation for rear end collisions as people tend to ride their brakes down the hill in slow moving traffic. Since I installed the brake light modulator I've noticied that the car behind me tends to stay back a little further and when I initially hit the brakes they slow down much more quickly never really getting too close to me. I personally find these two modifications to be the best thing I've done to my bike since I bought it.
Great videos thanks for posting them. Where did you get your brake and headlight modulators from? I have a Road Glide, so do i do one or two for the headlights? Thanks, Bryan

Old 05-12-2007, 06:04 PM
bdjhog
Road Captain

I got them from www.comagination.com. I believe for the road glide they recommend only having one light flash. The idea is to have one light (or in my case the driving lights) stay on steady and one modulate between high and low. Supposedly this gets generates the best attention/awareness.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: bdjhog

I got them from www.comagination.com. I believe for the road glide they recommend only having one light flash. The idea is to have one light (or in my case the driving lights) stay on steady and one modulate between high and low. Supposedly this gets generates the best attention/awareness.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Old 05-12-2007, 10:20 PM
EGlideKid
Road Master

Thanks to all for your advice!
Hey, BDJHOG, great reply. You're right, the brake light flasher makes a real impression! I'd be interested in your spot light mod, the one that allows you to have them on while on high beam.
Thanks again, guys.
EGK

Old 05-12-2007, 10:51 PM
bdjhog
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: EGlideKid

I'd be interested in your spot light mod, the one that allows you to have them on while on high beam.
Check this out: https://www.hdforums.com/m_1527337/tm.htm

Old 05-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: EGlideKid
Hey, BDJHOG, great reply. You're right, the brake light flasher makes a real impression!
Yeah buddie, That kicks major A$$. I'm getting me one of them.

Quick Reply: Headlight Modulator on '07 FLH