Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bug splattered, dusty,dirty and dull

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007 | 10:46 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: bug splattered, dusty,dirty and dull

"then for a mile or two they'd be blanket heavy like smoke clouds. Stopping for fuel I literally used a finger to 'scrape' the layer off around my goggles (used my left hand for face cover when the herds were heavy)"

HOLY COW! That sounds like something in a Hitchcock movie!

Love Bugs? We don't have those out here in the southwest I guess and boy it sounds like we're lucky we dont! We have relatively few bugs and no mosquitos at all to speak of, so one good thing about desert I guess. Though I have ridden thru a Bee swarm once which was an eye-opener, lol

I live in a dusty area so my bike is rarely "perfect" but I try to keep it looking spiffy within reason. I wash it about every two weeks, spend about 10 minutes on the white walls once a week and it looks pretty good (just a wee bit dusty is all). I spot clean it in between washes.

Old 05-13-2007 | 01:23 AM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: bug splattered, dusty,dirty and dull

unless i get caught in rain (which happened last weekend damnit) my bike is SPOTLESS every time i ride it.

its still sitting in the garage- dirty... and i wont take it out looking like that.

im meticulous with my (and the wifes) vehicles.