Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC III w/SE slip ons?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007 | 01:47 AM
dragrsm
Intermediate
Default RE: PC III w/SE slip ons?

I run a K&N RK-3909 Hi flow air filter, Supertrapp SE slip-ons and a PCIII. My bike runs better than ever withmore torque, more power, and sounds great all without being too loud. I had to tweak the map Dynojet recommended just a little to get rid of some decelleration pop, but now it's fine. A dyno tune will probably make it even better.

Harley's stage downloads are a flash download to the ECM for their stage1 orstage 2kits. Adding a PCIII will give you the ability to adjust for changes you may decide to make down the road. A flash upgrade is a waste of money as it doesn't do anything that a PCIII can't do. The big selling point of the Harley download is the increased rev limit with the Stage 1 download. Big deal, PCIII has a RevXtend feature that does the same thing, plus an accellerator pump feature if you need it. The MoCo isn't always right for the rider, but they're always right for the shareholders!

Old 05-16-2007 | 07:58 AM
bluesteel
6th Gear

I have a 2006 Rkc. Ive had installed the P.C. III /Rush slip on,s &the Big Sucker stage I air cleaner. Im pretty pleased with the results. But understand you probalbly want notice much of adifference if you just install the pc III and the slip on,s . The change is going to come when you change the air cleaner .With this combination. You will need to have it dynoed after this , to get the flue air mixture in check. My dyno tunning result were 75.9 H.P. & 80.2 Torque.

Old 05-17-2007 | 12:12 AM
The Pawnbroker
|
Road Captain

bluesteel,

I have the SE A/C, the SE slip ons and the ECM download. I went to Eastern Performance to have them add and tune a PC III and they are the ones that told me that I woudn't see any improvement. That is my basic question here. Does anyone disagree with this or not?

dragrsm,

Why is the download a waste of money if it gives you as much power and is almost 1/2 the price? That is what I am trying to figure out. Eastern is a well known indy and they tell me that the PC won't give me any more power than I already have. Are they wrong or right?

Old 05-17-2007 | 02:00 AM
jwo
3rd Gear

A friend of mine rides an 06 Road Glide w/ SE A/C and download, V & H True Duals and SE slip ons, I ride an 07 FLHX w/ Max proformace slip ons,I could slightly pull away from him in a flat out drag race. Two weeks ago he removed the SE slip ons and added Rinehart slip ons, he walks away from me now in a bad way, we were both suprised at how much moreHP theRineharts made. Hope this helps, just my two cents.

Old 05-17-2007 | 03:37 AM
The Pawnbroker
|
Road Captain

jwo,

Thanks. That does help. That is exactly what Eastern Performance told me. They told me that with the SE slip ons, I can't get any more performance than I already have from the download. They recommend V&H or Rinehart's. I bought the SE slip ons and download with the thought that if that wasn't enough, I could always upgrade to the PC III. Guess I will live with what I have unless I decide it is worth putting more money into another exhaust system and the PC. Wish the dealer knew this. I should have asked around before relying completely on one source.

Old 05-17-2007 | 03:40 AM
The Pawnbroker
|
Road Captain

This also means that anyone who is running a PC III with the SE slip ons is not getting the power they should. The limiting factor is the exhaust restriction. So if you like the sound of the SE's (I do) don't waste your money on a PC, go with the HD download.

Old 05-17-2007 | 02:07 PM
Gunkholes
Road Captain

IMHO, that might be false economy. With a little shopping, you can get a PC-3 for little more than the cost of the download. Many that are wiser than I seem to think that the download is still way too lean, to comply with EPA requirements. With the download, you're stuck with what you get. With PC-3, you have the option of tweaking the maps for performance, mileage, etc. The PC-3 provides flexibility for future mods, as well. There's not a big difference in initial cost. My $0.02.