Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC III w/SE slip ons?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007 | 09:39 AM
Thunderbolts
Advanced
Default RE: PC III w/SE slip ons?

I have been thinking about going to the Stage II Big Bore rebuild with my 06. When I talked to my service manager at the dealership, he thought I would get more bang out of my money if I waited and did the true duals,PCIII, Stage II all at the same time. He would only do what your talking about if money was an issue and you werebuilding stages to get to a big bore engine. His reasoning is you will have to retune your bike with each stage of the build and dyno time is not cheap.

Old 05-13-2007 | 01:36 PM
alexcue
Road Master

nope, I'm not changing exhaust.

btw, that's what I'm hoping for with the PCIII, a cooler running bike, cause it's so lean at street speeds, even with the download. I'm hoping the pinging problem is helped also, but that seems to be hit and miss.

Old 05-13-2007 | 10:13 PM
The Pawnbroker
|
Road Captain

I've never had any pinging. Are you running premium? I think I'm going to go ahead and do the PC just for the fact of improving the lean running condition also.

Old 05-13-2007 | 10:35 PM
harleyplay
Intermediate

I've got a SE A/C and the older SE slip-on's with a PCIII on my RKC. I've not had it dyno'ed so I can only give my impressions. I may have a little more umph but the thing I like most is how smooth the bike runs now. No cough's or hesitation when starting up around corners. I think it was worth it.

Old 05-14-2007 | 12:33 AM
alexcue
Road Master

yes 91 octane fuel, the highest available.

Old 05-14-2007 | 12:43 AM
RBJones
Tourer

ORIGINAL: The Pawnbroker

RBJones,
Thanks for the input. Do you know if the cam change on a 96 makes as much of a difference as with yours?

Thanks again,

Dave.
I presume the effect will be close to the same, because the 21 has higher lift, longer duration and the intake closes early compared to stock cams, but I don't know that for sure. Give Andrews cams a call and they'll help you.

Old 05-14-2007 | 01:03 AM
The Pawnbroker
|
Road Captain

Does anyone else out there have a PC with the SE slip ons? Are the SE slip ons really that much more restrictive than the rhineharts or V&H? Once again, Eastern Performance is telling me so.

Thanks,

Dave.

Old 05-14-2007 | 01:09 AM
The Pawnbroker
|
Road Captain

Skateboard,

Was that 4 hp and 2ft lbs increase from the PC? Or was that including the a/c and slip ons? Did you already have the ECM download?

Old 05-14-2007 | 10:24 AM
skateboard
Road Warrior

when I went there I had the pc111,slip-ons and air cleaner on the bike with the map Jamie down loaded on it.after the tune I gained the 4 hp,2ft lbs.[/align]

Old 05-16-2007 | 01:25 AM
The Pawnbroker
|
Road Captain

Ok so you gained that by tweaking the map a little more.

So far it sounds like there really isn't much of a difference between the HD ECM download and the PC III. At least as far as power is concerned. I'm really surprised. I would have thought that being able to tweak the injection map to your hearts content rather than what the EPA wants would make a big difference. Sounds like the power is already close to maxed out without doing some engine work. Does anyone have another conclusion?

Quick Reply: PC III w/SE slip ons?