Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kudos to ClearView Shields

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 04:56 PM
FLHTPjeff
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kudos to ClearView Shields

Thanks Dave. Can I ask how tall you are, and what height screen that is?

Thanks again.

Jeff

Old 09-27-2005, 08:08 PM
SubZer0
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is what ClearView sent me, hope it helps.

SubZer0

Thanks for the inquiry on our website. Here is some information on our Road Glide shields. They do make a big difference in the ride.

If you would like help choosing the correct height shield, please give me a call. We offer the sizes listed below and we can also do custom height shields.

Please give me a call or an e-mail if you have any questions or if you would like to order one.

Thank You,

John Lauk

Clearview Shields

1-303-838-0886

1-800-798-6089

john@clearviewshields.com

Harley Davidson Road Glide Shields 2004-2005

Features:
Clearviews Optically clear, thicker 3/16" high impact strength, DOT approved plastic.
Euro Curve at the top of the shield to push air up and over the rider
New foam strip that runs the full width of the shield to form a seal between the shield and the dash.
New rubber strip at the bottom of the shield that stays on.
New well nut fasteners attached to the shield for easy installation.

New Option:

Adjustable Vent

Rob / GT Small Tint W/Vent Brandon and spouse GT X-L Judy GT Medium Tint

HAR-RG0S ROAD GLIDE GT SMALL 16.5" 1" VERTICALLY SHORTER THAN STOCK, 1" CLOSER TO RIDER. $ 124.95

HAR-RG0M ROAD GLIDE GT MEDIUM 19.5" 1" VERTICALLY TALLER THAN STOCK, 1 1/4" CLOSER TO RIDER. $ 124.95

HAR-RG0L ROAD GLIDE GT LARGE 20.75" 2" VERTICALLY TALLER THAN STOCK, 2 1/2" CLOSER TO RIDER. $ 134.95

HAR-RG0X ROAD GLIDE GT X-LARGE 22.25" 3" VERTICALLY TALLER THAN STOCK, 3 1/4 " CLOSER TO RIDER. $ 149.95

Light Grey Tint availabe for an additional $20.00

Clearview Shields has been Handcrafting quality windshields for over 19 years.

Our shields are top rated by riders around the world in quality, fit and finish, and being the shield of choice that offers the most comfortable and quiet ride. We use only the highest quality Impact Enhanced Acrylic that offers:

The best optical clarity in the industry for a guaranteed Clearview of the road ahead
Excellent scratch resistance for easier maintenance and longer life
Higher impact strength exceeding industry & DOT standards

Here is what our customers say:

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that I received my windshield. It arrived on the day promised, packaged the best of any item I've ever received. The quality is outstanding. It looks great, and works fantastic! It's just what I had hoped for. Thank you for a really good product.

Bruce USA

Just drove first hundred miles with your windshield...very nice!

Package arrived on schedule, in very good order. Impressed with your packaging and quality!

You are 'miles' ahead of the competition! Thanks again.

Eric Canada

Just in a word: fantastic, marvelous, a great product. A new sensation in riding.
Christophe and Sylvie France

Ordering:

Please call us to place your order.

Our normal business hours are Monday thru Friday between 8:00 am – 5:00pm Mountain Standard Time.

We ship by UPS ground and Priority Mail within the USA, and Air Parcel Post worldwide. Express mail shipments are also available, please inquire for a quote. COD’s shipments can be made with either carrier within the US for $8.00

When inquiring on proper height recommendation please remember to include your overall body height along with your inseam. Also specify any seat or handlebar modifications and if you ride with a passenger more than 50% of the time.

When ordering please include your name, address, ship to addres

Old 09-27-2005, 08:42 PM
BaggerDave
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: FLHTPjeff

Thanks Dave. Can I ask how tall you are, and what height screen that is?

Thanks again.

Jeff
I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam. I ordered the 9" clear with euro-lip.

Old 09-27-2005, 10:24 PM
FLHTPjeff
Cruiser

I got the e-mailed brocure from Clearview today, I may give him a call and have him recommend a shield for me. Looks like a good product, and prices are pretty reasonable. Thanks for the lead Dave.

Jeff

Old 09-27-2005, 10:44 PM
BigTinVA
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

BaggerDave, Your EG sure looks sweet! I too have spoken with John about a shield for my Road Glide and as soon as I can make up my mind about the size I need i'm there.

LAF, I would sure appreciate some input from you when you get yours installed (pics would be nice as well). Post the specs of the shield that you ordered and also, how tall are you?

Old 09-30-2005, 02:40 PM
BaggerDave
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a good article I found on shields. Thought I'd share it...
Windshields
Windshields for motorcycles are made from either polycarbonate (Lexan) or acrylic (Plexiglas). Each type of plastic has advantages and disadvantages.

Polycarbonate is an extremely strong plastic. Windshields made of polycarbonate are pretty much bulletproof. The windows on HumVeesare made of polycarbonate for just this reason. Polycarbonate is about as transparent as glass. Polycarbonate cuts and forms easily at both room temperature and at higher temperatures. For machining purposes, you can work with polycarbonate pretty much the same as you would aluminum. Polycarbonate has one major drawback: polycarbonate picks up water from the air. This water will form bubbles if you heat the polycarbonate to forming temperatures. So, before you can form polycarbonate, first you have to place it in a drying oven at about 200°for about 12 hours. Because of this, only companies that manufacture polycarbonate make windshields. Polycarbonate is sensitive to ammonia, so glass cleaners like Windex should not be used on polycarbonate. Polycarbonate windsheilds need a coating to protect them from chemicals. This optical coating is difficult to apply uniformly, resulting in optical distortion. It also scratches and cannot be repaired with plastic polish.

Acrylic is only about 3% as impact resistant as polycarbonate. Normal acrylic shatters upon impact, and therefore could be considered an unsafe material for windshields. Acrylic is very chemically resistant, and is more transparent than glass - glass absorbs about half again as much light as acrylic does. Acrylic forms easily at high temperatures, about 350°. However, machining acrylic at room temperature is difficult. It's not very easy to cut acrylic with a saw or drill holes in acrylic without shattering or weakening the material.

Polycarbonate is a DOT approved material for making windshields; normal acrylic is not. Some states require DOT approved windshields, and therefore in these states a normal acrylic windshield is actually illegal, however these laws are rarely enforced. Normal acrylic can be shattered by an impact from a rock moving at speeds as low as 15mph.

A special higher cost acrylic called Impact Modified Acrylic is available. This form of acrylic is DOT approved for windshields. It's about 8 times stronger than normal acrylic, about ¼ as strong as polycarbonate. To the best of my knowledge, at this time only California Scientific, Clearview and Aeroflow use Impact modified acrylic to make their windshields.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:08 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Not to resurrect a dead thread, but I just ordered a 9.5 inch smoked screen from clearview.

Was shocked to see that their shipping time has dropped from 8 weeks down to 2-3 weeks!!

Old 09-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Skip
Road Captain

Missed this thread and started my own "Clearview Kudos". See it above. Can't say enough good things about John.