Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Headlight trim with visor

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Ronjo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD Headlight trim with visor

I've got a nice 2007 Roadking that I just love to add crome to. However, I am amazed how many items out there are marketed to fit my bike only to be out of tolerance by a huge amount. Why do we tolerate this after spending the money we do on our HD's? The HD headlight trim with eyebrow visor #69733-05 is a good for instance. The visor running light and turn signal trim fit perfect and flush. However, the headlamp trim has a gap at the bottom which IMO looks like crap! I guess it is because my HD part was made in China instead of the USA. What's up with that also? I tried my best to tighten this part stripping the bolt. Went to get a replacement and it is metric! So much for USA pride. Hey HD, How hard would it be to make the ring just1/4 inch bigger to line up perfect? I've looked at several bikes on this site and everyone has that cheap gap. Does this not bug anyone else with a bagger? [:@]

Ronjo...

Old 05-11-2007, 02:16 PM
jbhawley
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HD Headlight trim with visor

welcome to the world of HD marketing and profile margin.
BTW kurykan makes nearly all of the HD chrome goodies.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:20 PM
mistermooster
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a thread on this very thing a few weeks ago. I covered the gap with a strip of aluminum tape. It's not perfect, but you don't notice it now unless you're looking for it.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:11 PM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes it sucks! I would not have bought if I knew it would look like this. I put a small piece of automotive black door guard trim.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Ronjo
Cruiser

Thanks for the tape info. I'll give it a try.I was also thinking of producing and sellinga crome gap filler to make million$ on. Since Harley keep producing **** poor add-on's there seems to be a marketfor such. I recently bought the footboard 3/4 inch extenders from baggers_only on EBay for $39. Best moneyI spent so farand boy did 3/4 inch help eliminatemy foot so close to the pipes and engine!John you mentioned Kuryakyn. I'm still trying to get my refund from American Classic Motors for the Kuryakyn #1520 crome Dash Panel I ordered from them. That piece of crap had gaps everywhere and my ignitionswitch would not even open with it installed. Yes it did shine, but give me a break and produce something that fits!

Old 05-11-2007, 04:59 PM
the_icemAN
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My bud has the Headlight visor on his and there is more of a gap (1/8 inch at the front and about 1/6-to-1/4 gap at the bulb area.

I ended up not going with the visor style and went with the Light trim rings and they fit much better. Ends up I have maybe a 1/32" gap in my headlight trim ring.

Old 05-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Ronjo
Cruiser

I am in the process of investigating a J&P Cycles headlamp trim with visor #3100431 which replaces the stock trim not go over top of it, there by eliminating the stupid gap! Not sure the manufacturer yet. I'll report back once I see one or hear someone give a positive feedback on one they have. Anyone have one on their bagger?

Old 05-11-2007, 06:11 PM
gibbyflhx
Cruiser

I had no issue after installing mine and no gap at all. I moved the factory trim ring and slid the new one in behind it.

Old 05-11-2007, 08:50 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Old 05-11-2007, 11:09 PM
fxlowboy
Tourer

I return the HD headlamp trim visor and order from j&p cycle.The look is better

[IMG]local://upfiles/20985/C5B1E0CE21B04BE0B96896F0B8E61D8F.jpg[/IMG]