Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheeldock E-Z up Center stand TOP NOTCH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 08:50 PM
joesdad
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeldock E-Z up Center stand TOP NOTCH!!!

i have both the center stand and the wheeldock..these are great products and customer service is top notch..there are no stability problems with either product

Old 05-16-2007, 12:59 AM
iowacruiser
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Dogwood

ORIGINAL: IndyRider

rtrostiii

Do you have the wheelchock boltedto the garage floor or is that not necessary.

You do not have to haveit bolted to the floor, the rubber ends hold it well when you run up on it.
The only issue is when backing out of the Wheeldock, it takes quite a bit of force and will pull the Wheeldock across an epoxy painted floor.
My solution was to just drill for 2 anchors and use 1/4-20 machine screws, this way it can be quickly moved when not needed.
Maybe a dumb question but.............. Are you pushing the back part of the wheeldock down and relocking it open before trying to pull the bike out of the wheeldock? I have no problems rolling mine out of the wheeldock with it sitting unsecured on the garage floor.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:10 AM
bucs012
Road Master

I would also like to know if you can still put your bike on a bike stand with the center stand mounted on. I have the Sears Motorcycle floor jack stand.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:26 PM
bucs012
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bucs012

I would also like to know if you can still put your bike on a bike stand with the center stand mounted on. I have the Sears Motorcycle floor jack stand.
Any of you guys with this center stand help me with this question? I would really like a center stand but want to make sure I can still get my bike on my floor jack as it also gues under the bike.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:54 PM
hdjoe88
Road Captain

Any of you guys with this center stand help me with this question? I would really like a center stand but want to make sure I can still get my bike on my floor jack as it also gues under the bike.
I have the same question. I like this center stand idea but my lift slides right into that "bowtie" frame piece. Anyone who has this product, can you still use your lift?

Old 05-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Arvid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Another question, ... I would like to know if you need to dismount to operate this center stand. I currently have the HD front mounted center standthat I use when I'm 2 up with my wife onboard. I can lower the center stand before I dismount.

As for a Chock in the garage, check out Baxley, which doesn't need to be bolted.
http://www.baxleycompanies.com/

Arvid

Old 05-21-2007, 04:39 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Saw a guy on this board that had the wheel dock attached to a sheet of plywood. Would be easier to move the bike to a different location in the garage if it wasn't bolted in the concret.

Also, I don't have a center stand, but would like to add one. I ALSO want to know if the center stand will interfer with the bike being lifted by a motorcycle jack? Help us out guys. There are more than one of us that would like to know before we spend the money on a center stand.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:53 AM
SSJ
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No you don't have to dismount to get the bike on the stand put it down a roll back a little, my wife 130 lbs can get our Ultra on the stand by her self.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:47 PM
rtrostiii
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: IndyRider

rtrostiii

Do you have the wheelchock boltedto the garage floor or is that not necessary.

Sorry it took so long to get back with you.........

No the chocks just sit on the rug. I have thought of perhaps putting a strip of industrial size velcro along the bottom bar for a little extra hold.