Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok Campers, cruise is ready for the nacelle, but there is trouble in River City! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Hdbiker1450
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok Campers, cruise is ready for the nacelle, but there is trouble in River City! HELP!!!

Have everything ready to go with the cruise install on my RK, but here's the problem. The wiring is through the bars, rather than on the outside. Michelle wants them to stay on the inside, cleaner look, I do admit.
Can anyone tell me how to snake them puppies through?

Old 05-10-2007, 04:34 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Ok Campers, cruise is ready for the nacelle, but there is trouble in River City! HELP!!!

Tie a string to the bottom of the wiring and use a shop vac to pull the string through the bars. Then gently pull the wires through with the string being careful not to slice or pinch any on the way.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:43 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ok Campers, cruise is ready for the nacelle, but there is trouble in River City! HELP!!!

An' iffen you'll slather on some Dawn detergent on the wire first, it'll lube it an' let it slide easier...

Old 05-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Hdbiker1450
Road Warrior

Ok, thanks, anubisss and TexasRedneck.
You say to slather her up with detergent also. Should I remove the bars in order to do this?

Old 05-10-2007, 04:52 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

That would make it easier. Cover the tank with a blanket or quilt to keep the bars from falling on or scratching the tank as well...

Old 05-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Hdbiker1450
Road Warrior

What about the old wiring running to the nacelle? Think I should squirt some soap up there first, or would that just cause a problem with the string?
Also, what about just tying the new wiring to the old (snipping off where the hand controls are) and pulling like h*ll then?

Old 05-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hdbiker1450
Michelle wants them to stay on the inside,
You say to slather her up with detergent also.
Oh.....now I understand why what Michelle wants, Michelle gets.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Hdbiker1450
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Beemervet

ORIGINAL: Hdbiker1450
Michelle wants them to stay on the inside,
You say to slather her up with detergent also.
Oh.....now I understand why what Michelle wants, Michelle gets.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif] But yeppers, she pretty much gets what she wants! Most of the time anyway. She ended up with me!

Old 05-10-2007, 05:06 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah generally avoid usin' one wire ta pull another. Ah'd connect the string ta the old wire, pull it, then pull the new harness in place. By usin' Dawn, you kin rinse it out with clear tap water if ya want to.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Fast Eddie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I take about a 3' lenght of 12 ga house wire and duct tape the wires to it, insert the house wire through the bars until I can pull it out in the center, then pull the wires through. It has worked for me with new wires as well as adding additional internal wiring.

Quick Reply: Ok Campers, cruise is ready for the nacelle, but there is trouble in River City! HELP!!!