Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air ride types

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 12:04 PM
MiniMe
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: air ride types

ORIGINAL: Puzzled

Noooooooo!!!!!![sm=signs006.gif]
You can do a search on this forum for Draggin Baggers and find an earfull. Stick with the companies that know what they are doing. I dought Draggen Baggers has made any advancments since this time last year. They were using Monroe Corvette shocks. If you go this route do some research.
Were the problems related to the shock length? or the company?
Both, they threw a kit together then without really researching what they did they started advertising and pushing thier product on this sight. They made it sound real sweet and gave a good deal.

A lot of good people on this sight believed that he (Tony)was doing something cool and backed him by purchasing his kits. He said he would stand behind his product and take care of everyone if they had problems.

Well when the problems started rolling in Tony disappeared. They screwed a lot of people. You got some good advise on some other systems. The Hi-Lo, Legends and so on. Yes these systems do cost more, but they are much better and designed for your application. Please do stay away from last summers Draggin Baggers Drama.

Old 05-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Puzzled
Banned

I'd still like to know what the actual problems were. Air systems are very basic. From my reading (awhile ago) there was an issue with the tire contacting the fender and the spring rate/ride quality, correct?

Total travel, compressed height, raised height and spring rate needs to be known. Add a good compressor and fittings and off you go.

Old 05-11-2007, 05:27 PM
MiniMe
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Puzzled

I'd still like to know what the actual problems were. Air systems are very basic. From my reading (awhile ago) there was an issue with the tire contacting the fender and the spring rate/ride quality, correct?

Total travel, compressed height, raised height and spring rate needs to be known. Add a good compressor and fittings and off you go.
Yes, also air leaks, lower shock bolts contact with exhaust, ride quality with some, others thought it was ok. That's a lot of problems for a simple system.

Old 05-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Puzzled
Banned

Ok thank you. Now I got it!

Shock bolt contact is to much raised height travel. I never found this to be an issue in the sense it never bothered me. Some pipes clear and others don't. If one were building a "simple" setup a limiting strap would have to be used if the correct travel length couldn't be achieved via the shock.

Air leaks tend to be end user issues provided the parts used are quality pieces and installed correctly. I recently spent more time on the phone with a gentleman installing his air ride than if I would have installed it for him. In the end it was his desire to install the system without taking his time following through thoroughly.

Ride quality is a tough issue. Everyone likes something different. With air systems they tend to respond to more air better than not enough. Some of the systems out there are air only, I don't care for them. I prefer an air over oil. However the oil lends itself to valving issues and weather it is to firm or to soft.

There is no reason for the lack of customer service. I certainly can see getting overwhelmed with sales than having to deal with issues as a stressful situation. Still no excuse.

The statement above that said "You get what you pay for" is not entirely true. It may apply to the DB debacle but I don't feel a pair of tricked out shocks hidden behind a set of bags is worth $1600. There may be a ton of R&D behind them but dam that is a lot of coin for two shocks and a $125 compressor.

I'd like to see a nice clean looking system that is air over oil for around $600-$700.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:01 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rocket Jockey

Ultra,
Here is the website: www.airsystemsengineering.com/airfx/index.php

RJ
Thanks! Believe it or not I even GOOGLED for it and couldn't find it!!

I'd like to see a nice clean looking system that is air over oil for around $600-$700
Start selling these and I'd be all over this too![sm=icon_rofl.gif]