Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air ride types

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Rocket Jockey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: air ride types

ORIGINAL: Fast Eddie

One thingI really like about the Legend is the control switches on the handlebar. They integrate with the stock controls the best andare ergonmically set in the right spot to do adjustments while you are riding. See attached photo.
Shooter was going to see if that control would work with the Platinum system. I believe he thought it would. AirFX has a really little handlebar mount control.You can see it in the pdf document:
http://www.airsystemsengineering.com...xa1004_bys.pdf

RJ

Old 05-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Platinum Air....is what i use....its very nice....you can pm Shooter64, he'll take care of you

Old 05-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Gaskett
Advanced

Platinum air for me...

Made my own handlebar mount (CNC cut stainless) that mounts under the turn signal housing on the left hand side. It has the switch for raise and lower (hand never leaves the grips).

Glenn

Old 05-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Fast Eddie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: iclick

ORIGINAL: Fast Eddie

I have the Legend system on two bikes. While I am not unhappy with them nor have I had any problems with them (3 years on one) I thinkI would tend to now look for a system that has separate action for air pressure and ride height. Probably either Platinmum or Progressive. One thingI really like about the Legend is the control switches on the handlebar. They integrate with the stock controls the best andare ergonmically set in the right spot to do adjustments while you are riding. See attached photo.
Eddie, where is the compressor installed? I don't know where I would put one. I have an compressor for the air horns in the cranny forward of the battery, PCIII under the right side cover, and a cruise-control motor under the left cover. I don't want any more crap under the fairing, for sure.

On the Road King it is under the battery box. Go to the Legend web site and I think you can download their installation instructions.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:43 PM
jmorton10
Road Captain

If you're looking for a smooth ride, the Platinum is definitely king there.

I recently installed the Platinum "Bleed & Feed" system & itprovides amuch better quality ride than the Legend system on my buddies EG

~John

Old 05-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Puzzled
Banned

Noooooooo!!!!!![sm=signs006.gif]
You can do a search on this forum for Draggin Baggers and find an earfull. Stick with the companies that know what they are doing. I dought Draggen Baggers has made any advancments since this time last year. They were using Monroe Corvette shocks. If you go this route do some research.
Were the problems related to the shock length? or the company?

Old 05-10-2007, 11:23 PM
2006streetglide
Road Captain

I followed PRIMO's advice and went with the Hi-Lo system and like others have said - "I couldn't be happier". I love my system and I use it ALL the time. When I'm cruising down the road or when I park it. Either way, I wouldn't change it for anything.

All in all you can't go wrong with the Platinum system, Legends, Progressive or the Hi-Lo system they are all quality systems that are highly regarded and well known in the industry. As long as you don't go with Draggin' Baggers system you will be OK.

Remember the old adage... "you get what you pay for". And IMHO that statement holds true for the suspension options you have.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:34 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

RJ

Where is AirFX's website?

Old 05-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Rocket Jockey
Tourer

Ultra,
Here is the website: www.airsystemsengineering.com/airfx/index.php

RJ

Old 05-11-2007, 01:43 AM
CaliKing
Advanced

Draggin Baggers man!!!
Its the CHIT!!!
[/quote]

Is that good or bad?[sm=confused06.gif]
[/quote]

Its Bad man very bad...last summers drama!!!

Quick Reply: air ride types