Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Champion spark plug # please

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 10:56 AM
jd_underdog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Champion spark plug # please

i did a search and could not really find what i need. does anybody know what the champion sparkplug # is for a 2000 roadking classic? i need to replace my plugs and have read that the champions are the same as the hd plugs. any body know the # so i can go get a set? also what should the gap be set at? thanks
Underdog

Old 05-10-2007, 10:58 AM
berettag
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Champion spark plug # please

I believe it's the same as an Ultra, RA8HC, gap is 40

Old 05-10-2007, 11:01 AM
berettag
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Here ya go
<TBODY>
Spark Plugs for
Twin Cam Engines

<TBODY>Plug Manufacturer

TC88/95 Engine

Plug Gap[/i][/b]

.040"[/i][/b]

H-D Standard

6R12

H-D Gold

6R12G

H-D Platinum

6R12PP

Champion

RA8HC

Autolite

Autolite Platinum

AP4164DP2

ACCEL

Y2418P

Splitfire

SF416D

Screamin Eagle

EX12S
EX12P

ACDelco

NGK

DCPR7E

Bosch

Denso Iridium[/b]

IXU22</TBODY>

</DIV>

Spark Plugs for
80 CID Evolution Engine

<TBODY>Plug Manufacturer

80 CID Evolution 1984-up

Plug Gap[/i][/b]

.040"[/i][/b]

H-D Standard

5R6A

H-D Gold

5R6AG

H-D Platinum

5R6APP

Champion

RN12YC

Autolite

Autolite Platinum

AP4265DP2

ACCEL

2410A

Splitfire

SF6D

Screamin Eagle

EVS13S - Hot
EVS13P - Cold

ACDelco

44NS

[font

Old 05-10-2007, 11:17 AM
jd_underdog
Road Captain

berettag, thank for the info i really appreciate it!

Old 05-10-2007, 12:17 PM
lottinala
Tourer

i wouldnt run champions in my sons bicycle. ive never had any luck with them. they tend to foul out quicker than any other plugs ive used. im going with ngk's when i change out there like a timex they take a licken and keep on ticken.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i wouldnt run champions in my sons bicycle. ive never had any luck with them. they tend to foul out quicker than any other plugs ive used.
Check what's currently in your motorcycle, I'm betting they're Champion. Foulded out yet? To me, changing brands would be like fixing what isn't broke regardless of the brand that's currently in the engine. I'd say plug fouling is usually caused by many things other than the spark plug itself. But we all have different preferences, for whatever reason.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:56 PM
wildpig1ms
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a '97 Road King with an S&S carb and before that a modified factory carb. I've run Split Fire, Harley, Champion, and now, the regularAutolite - the Autolites have lasted much longer thanthe others (I'm at7,800 on them now compared to 5,000 with the others). They tend to handle rich mixtures better and burn off where as the Champions and Harley's would just foul out and have to be cleaned or replaced. I've just gotten a set of NGK iridium plugs to try out whenever the Autoliltes need replacing - would have gotten the Autolilte iridiums but my parts house didn't have them....

Can't tell by advertising how any will run, my cousin that works at the parts house told me about how the Autolites worked well in an old hunting pickup that he had that would run rich on start up, the Autoliteswould burn off and run fine whereas the others would just stay fouled......it's worked for me!

Of course, as always, YMMV !

Old 05-11-2007, 09:11 AM
jbhawley
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey lottinala
if you are running HD branded plugs then guess what...
you have a champion plug.
Champion makes plugs for HD..put the HD logo on them. Do you really think HD makes anything but bikes.
HeLL...kurykan makes most of their chrome accessories. Seems like i read that sunoco or citgo make the oil, HDC makes the helmets. Thats just business.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:39 AM
lottinala
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Neckball

i wouldnt run champions in my sons bicycle. ive never had any luck with them. they tend to foul out quicker than any other plugs ive used.
Check what's currently in your motorcycle, I'm betting they're Champion. Foulded out yet? To me, changing brands would be like fixing what isn't broke regardless of the brand that's currently in the engine. I'd say plug fouling is usually caused by many things other than the spark plug itself. But we all have different preferences, for whatever reason.
you almost right that is what came in my bike but didnt stay long i pulled them and went with NGK, is like mods for most the first thing gone was those stock plugs and in with NGK's. i dont want to be stuck on the side of the road with fouled plugs and just so happens went down to thunder beach last weekend and one of the guy riding a v-rod had stock plugs (champions) and on the way back just north of montgomery we were looking for a parts store so he could put plugs in because in a matter of 150 miles the bike would not run, it started out with every time he would give it gas to pass it would flood and finally he had to limp it to a parts house. changed plugs and run great. by the way the plugs in it wasnt but about 3000 miles old.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:42 AM
lottinala
Tourer

ORIGINAL: jbhawley

hey lottinala
if you are running HD branded plugs then guess what...
you have a champion plug.
Champion makes plugs for HD..put the HD logo on them. Do you really think HD makes anything but bikes.
HeLL...kurykan makes most of their chrome accessories. Seems like i read that sunoco or citgo make the oil, HDC makes the helmets. Thats just business.
if you read the post above you will see that i changed my plgs like a mod as fast as i could. as for all the parts your right they dont make alot of the things on the bike like carb,forks,shocks,guages and the list goes on and on and if you realy get down to it all they are is a place that put the bike together.

Quick Reply: Champion spark plug # please