Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 sgs build

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 09:30 PM
Chadster21
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nitrusfix
Good call the price difference between CVO and yours leaves you a lot of fun money and let's face it had you bought the CVO probably would have done pipes cams etc etc. Is the 110 kit the tire shredder?
hey thanks! it isn't the tire shredder kit it is simply a displacement kit. i was stripping the bike anyhow for powder coat and the dealer gave me the kit cheap as this is the 3rd bike i have built there in the last few years. initially i was going to do cams and adjustable pushrods to wake it up a little but i figured i would check out what a bit more displacement would do first

Old 01-30-2016, 01:21 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 572 Likes on 398 Posts

The 110 kit will give you around 10.2-1 comp. you'll need a good tune/ tuner or you may get some ping.good luck.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:33 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

Post some pics when it's done! JR

Old 01-30-2016, 06:48 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadster21
hey thanks! it isn't the tire shredder kit it is simply a displacement kit. i was stripping the bike anyhow for powder coat and the dealer gave me the kit cheap as this is the 3rd bike i have built there in the last few years. initially i was going to do cams and adjustable pushrods to wake it up a little but i figured i would check out what a bit more displacement would do first
Chad again not trying to discourage you in any way and it is your bike and the CFR's sound awesome if you like loud but they just have no baffling in them so they hold no back pressure which in turn hurts the bottom end of the tune. I'd suggest talking to some tuners or even looking over at harley tech talk in the dyno section and see what some of your major tuners say about the exhaust on bikes. Jamie from Fuel-Moto also posted something where he showed a comparo of mufflers and end results between a good combo and a bad combo, I even posted something about this as well. So I'm just trying to help not discourage at all but in the end it's yours and only you can make the final call, good luck !!!

Old 01-30-2016, 09:54 AM
Chadster21
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
Chad again not trying to discourage you in any way and it is your bike and the CFR's sound awesome if you like loud but they just have no baffling in them so they hold no back pressure which in turn hurts the bottom end of the tune. I'd suggest talking to some tuners or even looking over at harley tech talk in the dyno section and see what some of your major tuners say about the exhaust on bikes. Jamie from Fuel-Moto also posted something where he showed a comparo of mufflers and end results between a good combo and a bad combo, I even posted something about this as well. So I'm just trying to help not discourage at all but in the end it's yours and only you can make the final call, good luck !!!
thanks il have a look. it will take an awful lot to change my mind tho. they are the best sounding pipes i have heard. i know i will suffer a bit on power if its unbearable i will change them out

Old 01-31-2016, 07:37 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
Good Advice...

Old 03-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Chadster21
Cruiser

Update: bike stripped stage 3 110 kit going back in. Front wheel and forks powder coated in the pic. The gloss powder came out great but the wrinkle wasn't acceptable so the dealer sent it back.. So waiting on that hopefully won't be too long.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:48 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 248 Posts

Did you ride the bike before the tear-down so you can notice the difference?

Old 03-01-2016, 06:55 PM
Chadster21
Cruiser

No I bought it brand new and it never left the dealer. I have a 103 in my dyna I will compare it to which has seen different upgrades. I have friends with the 103 ho I will have to ride with to see how big of a difference there is

Originally Posted by JMC22
Did you ride the bike before the tear-down so you can notice the difference?

Old 03-01-2016, 07:17 PM
1911flhx
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet! Nice scoot.

Quick Reply: 2015 sgs build