Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UH-OH My wife sat on and Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 04:12 AM
blackfinbob
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UH-OH My wife sat on and Ultra

Well,
The dealer would not meet my expectation for a trade-in so I listed the Street Bob in the paper for the next three weekends. In the meantime, I had my mind set on this Mirage Orange Pearl Road Glide until we went to the dealer on Monday. It started like this.
"Honey do you want to go for a ride and then go out to dinner..Sure...Can we ride by the dealer first so I can show you the bike I am interested in."
When we walk in the dealer, she didn't even notice the RG, she saw the Black Pearl and Fire Red Pearl EGC. After talking to the salesman, she got to sit on it...Afterwards the salesman explained the difference in the Ultra and the EGC so then we had to go to the back to look at the Black Cherry Pearl Ultra that they had just gotten out of the crate. She had to climb on that one too...
Hmmm it looks like my next purchase may have been modified a bit. I guess that's what marriage is about and we all know "that if mama isn't happy, nobody is happy.....It is a great bike btw. We'll see..I could spend more on goodies if I went with the EGC though.
b

Old 05-10-2007, 04:17 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: UH-OH My wife sat on and Ultra

Keepin' Mama happy is a Biggie...

But I Luv my '07 Road Glide in Mirage Orange Pearl.... The wife is learning to love it more everyday (lol)

Old 05-10-2007, 06:29 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Happy? You mean your wives are happy at some point? ****.

BTW, buy the Ultra. With the EGC, you will just add on everything to make it an Ultra anyways. Will save you time and probally money just getting to best from the beginning. Just my $0.02. Also, how the heck do you keep the wives happy? After ten years of marriage, you would think I had it figured out. NOPE. Maybe in the next ten (if she doesn't leave my lazy @ss by then).

Old 05-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Eisboch
Stage III

ORIGINAL: blackfinbob

...Afterwards the salesman explained the difference in the Ultra and the EGC so then we had to go to the back to look at the Black Cherry Pearl Ultra that they had just gotten out of the crate. She had to climb on that one too...
b

Caught your attention, huh?

I just took delivery of a new '07 Ultra Classic in the Black Cherry Pearl yesterday. I traded in an '02 Ultra for it. On the way home I got the obligatory 50 miles at no more than 50 mph out of the way, then took it up on the highway. So far, I am really liking it and the extra gear. Engine RPM is way down at 70 mph compared to the older Ultra with the 5 speed.

If you go for it, enjoy it!

Eisboch

Old 05-10-2007, 09:22 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a Classic that looks like an Ultra. Except I don't have the intercom and CB. Neither of which I miss. Cruise and everything else is there. Don't need the rear speakers, since I out run sound.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bet sales people love to see wives walking in the door.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:22 AM
DAWG_6
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

BTW, buy the Ultra. With the EGC, you will just add on everything to make it an Ultra anyways. Will save you time and probally money just getting to best from the beginning. Just my $0.02. Also, how the heck do you keep the wives happy? After ten years of marriage, you would think I had it figured out. NOPE. Maybe in the next ten (if she doesn't leave my lazy @ss by then).
Ditto....I just bought an EGC.....I am now adding things each week.....go with the Ultra....I'm sure it's less expensive in the end, and mine will always still be an FLHTC....

Old 05-10-2007, 10:24 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Didn't I tell you to NOT TOUCH an Ultra in your initial post of selling the bob last week or so?!?!?! Shoulda, coulda, woulda......now you will pay the piper!

Old 05-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Eisboch
Stage III

ORIGINAL: sleepneagle

I have a Classic that looks like an Ultra. Except I don't have the intercom and CB. Neither of which I miss. Cruise and everything else is there. Don't need the rear speakers, since I out run sound.

I rarely use the intercom or CB either, but the original Ultra was a birthday present from my wife, so the only way to get permission to trade it in was to replace it with another Ultra.

Eisboch

Old 05-10-2007, 10:31 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DAWG_6

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

Ditto....I just bought an EGC.....I am now adding things each week.....go with the Ultra....I'm sure it's less expensive in the end, and mine will always still be an FLHTC....
I disagree with this. Sure I am adding things to my bike all the time but it's not stuff that makes it like an Ultra. I could have bought an Ultra but I like the Classic better. I would never use the CB, I dont care for the big tail lights in the tour pack and I'm not a big fan of lowers. If I'm going to be riding in that cold of temps I will throw on some soft lowers. IMO the Classic is the best bang for the buck in all of Harleys line up.

Quick Reply: UH-OH My wife sat on and Ultra