Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samson Rolled Thunder Oval Slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 03:51 AM
sparky_mo
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Samson Rolled Thunder Oval Slip ons

Wondering how many of you are running these with stock headers and what do you think of them?

Old 05-10-2007, 04:11 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Samson Rolled Thunder Oval Slip ons

Running Samson Side Dumps with stock headers for now... Friend liked the sound of mine and went out and got the Rolled - Sounds a bit different but NICE... Can hear the sound system @ 85MPH - Nice!

Old 05-10-2007, 08:59 AM
sparky_mo
Club Member

I'm glad you like them...so do I but I'm sure I've got the service department at my dealership scratching their heads and talking about me this morning.
I listened to several different brands of slip ons on different bikes at my dealers back in March when I bought my bike and liked the sound of the pipes on a road king he had on the showroom floor. I am a newbie to Harleys and really didn't know much about slip ons. I had a VTX Honda that I had V&H Bigshots on and liked their sound. Anyway, long story short, I thought these pipes on the RK I listened to, and liked the sound of, were V&H Ovals. Because the SERT was on back order I just got my pipes installed yesterday and realized the pipes were Samson Ovals not V&H. I'm sure I had them scratching their heads and thinking they screwed up when I told the service gal, (when she asked what I had had done so she could find my ticket), and I was telling her my name and that I had the V&H Oval's put on. When they brought it out it was the same pipes I had listened to back in March but thinking I was getting V&H's all this time I was a bit surprised. I do like the sound and it was my mistake for thinking I was getting V&H. Just didn't know any better at the time.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:10 AM
fignuton
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the Samsons and really like them. I originally installed the V&H basics but thought they were too quiet. The Samsons offer a deeper/throatier rumble. I had the Samsons with the stock
headers but changed those out to true duals.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:01 AM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 61 Posts

I am running the samson rolled thunder ovals on the stock headpipes on my roadglide. I like them and like the sound. Ireally want to go to true duals when the budget allows, but that will be quite a while, and in the meantime I am happy with this setup on my bike...

Old 05-10-2007, 10:46 AM
alazlo
Road Master

Had them on my last bagger and really liked them. Iput them on my 06 and I'm disappointed. They sound good but the right pipe turned gold after a couple of hundred miles. Guys will argue it's the tune on the bike that did that, but the bike is dyno tuned and runs great. I think it's the cheap chrome .The pipes seemed cheaper when I installed them on the 06, the fiberglass has burned out in under 4000 miles. I'm not happy with them at all... Wouldn't buy them again...

Old 05-10-2007, 11:19 AM
sparky_mo
Club Member

Well that is dissappointing news and I'll be watching for that. I do like the sound. Has a nice bark when you get on em. I guess time will tell then on discoloration.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't have the ovals I have the round ones. If you are interested I was trying to sell/trade them. They are cool but I want something different.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:29 PM
MojoTP
Intermediate

I have the Samson Rolled Thunder Ovals on my 06 RG. Over 8k miles on them, and no problems. Chrome looks good, and sounds great.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28004/943B1097EB5F4C9A8BF634ADE8EF1110.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-10-2007, 02:31 PM
HotrodsandHarleys
Cruiser

Which exhaust did you pay for? The V&H are around $500 for a set and the Samson's are around $300.

Quick Reply: Samson Rolled Thunder Oval Slip ons