Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baker Compensator

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016 | 07:54 PM
BigTwins
|
Cruiser
Default Baker Compensator

So now that the Baker comp has been out awhile whats the verdict? Heard there were issues with the spring pack and alignment problems for some. Are these resolved or is the SE with a Compensaver the way to go?

Old 01-24-2016 | 08:31 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member

so far so good, had to pay close attention to the alignment. This just took a little time for me which I did not mind. It was a learning experience and another excuse to work on the bike in a fun way. It also got me thinking that the primary chain needed to be replaced,between original,se ,60k miles... it was beat which could be another issue.

the spring pack on mine looks fine after 5 k, some small scratches on the ramps but performs well, still like the se did when new.

new chain and attitude adjuster I just added,alignment straitened out. im still good with comp.baker isnt going to flip flop on me so not worried about the spring pack.

it only took 9.5 yrs for me to get it sorted out

wow just look at the baker next to the se. Too bad you have to put the primary cover back on.

Old 01-25-2016 | 09:08 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member

The verdict is the price is pretty steep. $499!

Old 01-25-2016 | 09:59 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member

Im pretty shure I paid 375$ with the forum discount but hear what your saying

Old 01-25-2016 | 10:24 AM
wscott
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by voodoodrug
============

I read a post here a few wks ago that said the discount isn't avail on the Baker comp anymore but don't know for 100% if thats the case or not.

scott

Old 01-25-2016 | 10:49 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Did you ever stop to think that maybe in some cases you get what you pay for?

Old 01-25-2016 | 11:01 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by lionsm13
So true! If my compensator went out today, I would go with Baker. They simply sell the best. American made, using high quality materials. Add the value of their R&D, you can see why they are a bit more.

Old 01-25-2016 | 12:12 PM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member

I only have 600 miles on mine so far, but all is good. I did not have any alignment issues with mine.

Old 01-25-2016 | 02:31 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by voodoodrug
No forum discounts on the baker compensator, plus the retail price increased $100 to $499.

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Yes, I did stop and think about this product and the price of it. Just because a product is "supposedly" the best, doesn't mean I'm willing to pay an outrageous amount of money for it when there are alternatives that are far less costly.

Old 01-25-2016 | 04:03 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
No forum discounts on the baker compensator, plus the retail price increased $100 to $499.

Yes, I did stop and think about this product and the price of it. Just because a product is "supposedly" the best, doesn't mean I'm willing to pay an outrageous amount of money for it when there are alternatives that are far less costly.

Hmmm, I did get a discount, but I had it installed during the rally here, but then again I'm a nice guy.

Alternatives, not so sure about that one..?
I guess you can spend a bit more and hopefully take care of it once and for all w/the Baker or you can always buy the newest version of the SE and then put the trough on it and hopefully that will take of your issues, or at least until the next version comes out. How many are there now? 3 or 4 right?

Quick Reply: Baker Compensator