Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who's running XIEDS /VIEDS ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016 | 09:45 PM
trunomad
|
Cruiser
Question who's running XIEDS /VIEDS ?

I'm planning a stage 1 upgrade this spring. Going with V&H naked AC with SE street cannons. Wondering if either of these products are enough fuel management or should I go with a fuel possessor, such as a V&H FP3? bike is a 08 ULTRA. I'm not ever going any farther than stage 1. Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Old 01-20-2016 | 09:59 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by trunomad
I'm planning a stage 1 upgrade this spring. Going with V&H naked AC with SE street cannons. Wondering if either of these products are enough fuel management or should I go with a fuel possessor, such as a V&H FP3? bike is a 08 ULTRA. I'm not ever going any farther than stage 1. Thanks in advance for any and all input.
I am running the XIED's on my 2013 Road King. I loved them, I installed them with my S&S air cleaner and slip on mufflers. They worked great, no issues. Then all the sudden my bike started running like crap. Yeah, one or more of the XIED'ds FAILED!!! They are a great alternative to an expensive tuner. Until they go to SHEET. Spend the money, and get a tuner. Even if it's just the $199 S&S plug in product. XIED's turned out to be a cheapo "temporary" fix. I lived, I learned. Not falling for that crap again.

Old 01-20-2016 | 10:18 PM
trunomad
|
Cruiser

I didn't know S&S HAD SOMETHING OUT THERE. I'LL CHECK INTO IT

Old 01-20-2016 | 10:31 PM
Hausguy
Road Master

FP 3 won't work with your bike - 14 or newer. I had the Vieds and decided shortly after to just go ahead with the Powervision. The Microtuner may be a good (cheaper) option for you too if you want a better running bike. Fuelmoto is a good vendor and can help with the options. DK Customs is another good supporter of HDForums, and they have the Vied and also sell the PV.

***just read on another thread that the FP3 for older bikes is coming out in some time in 2016***

Last edited by Hausguy; 01-20-2016 at 10:36 PM. Reason: new info
Old 01-20-2016 | 10:48 PM
Mac10
Road Master

I ran them on 2 bikes with open exhaust and air cleaner and I felt they had the bike running pretty good. I eventually went with a powervision tuner and was worth the extra money.

Old 01-20-2016 | 10:49 PM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member

Love my XIEDs on my 15 Ultra, stock with slip-ons. Adjusted to 50%. No need for tuner...

Old 01-20-2016 | 11:24 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member

Running xieds on my 2009.

i know what they do ( add about 8% more fuel) and how they do it.

the results are a great bang for buck.

xieds are not active at wide open throttle or when the motor is cold- at those times the ecm relies on preset "maps" and the o2 sensor data is not used by the ecm.

also the rev limit stays at stock setting- which is fine for me.

for hiflow intake and exhaust they work great.

nightrider.com will also do a mil disc if that applies

Mike

Old 01-21-2016 | 12:42 PM
DK Custom Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Hausguy
FP 3 won't work with your bike - 14 or newer. I had the Vieds and decided shortly after to just go ahead with the Powervision. The Microtuner may be a good (cheaper) option for you too if you want a better running bike. Fuelmoto is a good vendor and can help with the options. DK Customs is another good supporter of HDForums, and they have the Vied and also sell the PV.

***just read on another thread that the FP3 for older bikes is coming out in some time in 2016***

Thank you for the kind words!

trunomad, DK Custom Products stock both ViED's and XiED's to correctly fit your '08 Ultra. The ViED and XiED are plug 'n play devices that will lower engine and exhaust temperatures and improve throttle response.

The ViED richens the air fuel ratio from 14.6:1 to a range of 14.3-13.9:1 in closed loop mode and offer the ability to fine tune your air-fuel mixture with a small screwdriver. You can read all the specs HERE

The XiED is also plug 'n play and richens the air fuel ratio from 14.6:1 to 13.8:1 in closed loop mode but does not offer the option to fine tune the air-fuel mixture. More information on the XiED HERE

XiED's and ViED's are a cost effective alternative to an aftermarket tuner and dyno runs. XiED's and ViED's will cool your bike down and make it run better!

DK Custom Products also offers the Power Vision PV-1 for your '08. DK Custom Products has partnered with Fuel Moto, the Power Vision is the most powerful flash tuner available for the EFI Harley Davidson and comes with a pre-programmed map for your bike's setup, double warranty, and unlimited support. You can see all of the amazing features of the Power Vision HERE

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 01-21-2016 | 01:46 PM
wscott
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DK Custom Products
Thank you for the kind words!

trunomad, DK Custom Products stock both ViED's and XiED's to correctly fit your '08 Ultra. The ViED and XiED are plug 'n play devices that will lower engine and exhaust temperatures and improve throttle response.

The ViED richens the air fuel ratio from 14.6:1 to a range of 14.3-13.9:1 in closed loop mode and offer the ability to fine tune your air-fuel mixture with a small screwdriver. You can read all the specs HERE

The XiED is also plug 'n play and richens the air fuel ratio from 14.6:1 to 13.8:1 in closed loop mode but does not offer the option to fine tune the air-fuel mixture. More information on the XiED HERE

XiED's and ViED's are a cost effective alternative to an aftermarket tuner and dyno runs. XiED's and ViED's will cool your bike down and make it run better!

DK Custom Products also offers the Power Vision PV-1 for your '08. DK Custom Products has partnered with Fuel Moto, the Power Vision is the most powerful flash tuner available for the EFI Harley Davidson and comes with a pre-programmed map for your bike's setup, double warranty, and unlimited support. You can see all of the amazing features of the Power Vision HERE
==================

HI DARRYL,i realize the Vied's arent specifically designed to handle the fuel enrichement required for more serious perf mods with hotter cams ,more compression with better breathing perf heads etc.

So with that said i was wondering if you had any experience using or know of someone that used the adjustable Vied's on a stock 09 or newer 96" motor that had a mild cam upgrade (roughly 215-228 deg dur @ .05 ,approx .490"-520" gross lift on 108-112 deg LSA) along with a better breathing AC & slipons still running stock heads ,lower stock 9.2 compression ,stock ECU ,stock injectors etc that had a good positive result using the adj Vied's.

Thanks

Scott

Last edited by wscott; 01-21-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-21-2016 | 02:18 PM
Jerry1834
Road Warrior

Have set of 2011 RKC non-adjustable if you are interested in a used setup at 1/2 the price....

Quick Reply: who's running XIEDS /VIEDS ?