Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who's running XIEDS /VIEDS ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016 | 07:30 PM
mrmud4x4
Road Captain

Originally Posted by trunomad
Thanks for all the feed back. Like I said high flow A/C,slip-ons,and maybe the true duel headers. Can't decide on VIEDS or FUEL MOTO micro tuner. I've got 2 months to think about it. Winter drags on forever in Chicago!

TRUNOMAD
So I have Rinehart mufflers and SE intake. I am planning on upgraded headers also. I purchased the micro tuner from fuel moto. They planted 2 maps in it for me; one for present setup and one for future setup.

So i install the tuner last night and found XIED's attached. I was beginning to think I had de-catted head pipes already because I was not experiencing any heat issues. And the bike has been running great also!

So i pulled out the xied's and they are for sale in the classified section.

Bike runs great with the micro tuner and map number one!

Only thing about the micro tuner I did not like was the TAP connection into one of my wires on the throttle assembly plug.

Old 07-13-2016 | 12:18 AM
wscott
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jbasile
Would getting a fatter map download be a viable option instead of the xied ? Just wondering. I need to do something, the bike is very uncomfortable due to the excessive heat. Did 1500 miles earlier this week. Couldnt wait to get off the thing.
=======================

If your serious about reducing engine temp and want significantly more cooling then fuel enrichment alone can provide that can reduce oil temp in summer heat up to 50deg f like it did on my 09 HD resulting in multiple improvements in engine perf & overall riding comfort right off the bat then do this.

Install an untracool oil cooler with twin thermostatically controlled elec cooling fans along with Wards cooling fans (targets cooling heads & upper cyls) both at the same time.

Doing the above to my bike made a day & night diff in the way the motor performs in summer heat along with being hit with less heat from the motor too .

And remember its not only part of the oils job to lube the motors internals but reducing oil temp 50deg f in summer heat also reduces engine temp x-amount at the same time too resulting in a bit less heat from the motor hitting the riders improving overall riding comfort in the process.

Happy Motoring.

Scott

Last edited by wscott; 07-13-2016 at 12:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jbasile (07-13-2016)