Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who's running XIEDS /VIEDS ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016 | 03:12 PM
King-a-ling
Tourer

I have an '08 and went with FM micro tuner. It's been reliable and the motor runs very well and cooler. With the programs they loaded onto it, it did lower the fuel mileage on avg 2 mpg less. I'm not sure if others have the same feature, the micro tuner has three external adjustments (low,mid,high) that essentially lets you decrease or increase throttle response.

Old 01-21-2016 | 03:27 PM
davemc
Cruiser

For what it's worth, I put the Xieds on my 2014 Road King first because I experienced the low-speed stutter due to a lean fuel mixture. I have not done anything with the AC or the exhaust. I figured that making the fuel mixture richer and then increasing air with a more flowing AC would just about get me back to where I started, so that is why I did the Xieds only. I would think if you are going to change the air intake, then a more programmable tuner is needed.

Old 01-21-2016 | 07:13 PM
DK Custom Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by wscott
==================

HI DARRYL,i realize the Vied's arent specifically designed to handle the fuel enrichement required for more serious perf mods with hotter cams ,more compression with better breathing perf heads etc.

So with that said i was wondering if you had any experience using or know of someone that used the adjustable Vied's on a stock 09 or newer 96" motor that had a mild cam upgrade (roughly 215-228 deg dur @ .05 ,approx .490"-520" gross lift on 108-112 deg LSA) along with a better breathing AC & slipons still running stock heads ,lower stock 9.2 compression ,stock ECU ,stock injectors etc that had a good positive result using the adj Vied's.

Thanks

Scott
The ViED's could possibly provide enough fueling but the issue with changing out the stock cams is you're getting in to spark and V/E changes as well. The bike would probably run OK but not as well as it really could, when you start replacing cams and drift further from the stock setup a flash tuner is going to be more effective to take advantage of the upgrades that are being made.

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 01-21-2016 | 07:27 PM
ZenGlide
Road Master

I've been running XiED's for about 4 years now with only SE Slip-ons. My bike had really bad pinging even before the slip-ons and the XiED's stopped it. I expected to use them only as a temporary solution until I bought a tuner, but I plan to use them for as long as they last now. They do the job well enough.

Old 01-21-2016 | 07:28 PM
treefiddy
Road Master

Gotta say that my stock 09 96" with the factory stage 1 download, K&N, Xieds and V&H mufflers pulls Momma Bear, the Dawg and I just fine in 6th since brand new.
I've read it all.

Old 01-21-2016 | 07:39 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member

Vied's simply trick the electronic fuel injection to slightly richening up the lean factory settings. They tell the computer via the O2 sensors that more fuel is needed.

This results in a cooler and stronger running bike with slightly deeper and louder exhaust note. You will notice you need to slip the clutch less on takeoff, and downshift less when cruising.

If you want to also adjust your ignition timing or vary your fuel enrichment at different RPM levels, then you need to spend the additional money to install a full tuner.

If you add slip ons, true duals, higher flow air filters, or remove your cats, your bike will begin to run even leaner and the Vied can be simply adjusted with a tiny screw driver to provide additional fuel.

Simple gadgets that are in use on thousands of bikes. Tons of satisfied users, but some also want more sophisticated control and spend the extra money to gain the even more precise control over their fuel and timing.

Old 01-25-2016 | 09:40 PM
trunomad
|
Cruiser

Thanks for all the feed back. Like I said high flow A/C,slip-ons,and maybe the true duel headers. Can't decide on VIEDS or FUEL MOTO micro tuner. I've got 2 months to think about it. Winter drags on forever in Chicago!

TRUNOMAD

Old 01-26-2016 | 06:23 AM
Jerry1834
Road Warrior

I put my FL - Xied 10 TFF up F/S in the gear and things section - if you are interested.

Old 05-27-2016 | 04:09 PM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior

Ugh ... decided to start a new thread on this topic

Last edited by alarmdoug; 05-27-2016 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-12-2016 | 07:08 PM
jbasile
Intermediate

Would getting a fatter map download be a viable option instead of the xied ? Just wondering. I need to do something, the bike is very uncomfortable due to the excessive heat. Did 1500 miles earlier this week. Couldnt wait to get off the thing.

Quick Reply: who's running XIEDS /VIEDS ?