Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FM107, Hillside 107 or SE110 kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 12:24 PM
ninja12
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FM107, Hillside 107 or SE110 kit

Which one and why?

I have and 2010 Ultra with the 96, V&H propipe and PC-V. Pretty sure it has cams because of the adjustable push rods and idle. I bought the bike used and never checked. My bike has 54k miles and no compression releases.

Want to freshen it up and add a little power at the same time.

FM107 and level B heads approx $1900 plus intake $350 , 58mm A/C and tuner (350up). Not sure if level B has the compression releases holes or if that's extra.

Hillside 107 pistons and bore $600 ( i think), No prices for package with Headwork and Cam on the website.

Harley stage v 110, $2300, includes heads with compression holes, cams, intake, and tuner. requires a 58 mm intake.

I will be pulling the wrenches, and want the best bang for the money.
even if its 107 with stock heads.

Setting the stage.
Already have a turbo Hayabusa and a worked ZX14. Not building a racer, with ever HP squeezed out. Needs to be reliable over having more hp and crank problems. Harley will see lots of commuter mile and some two up touring.

I pretty 105-110 hp will be plenty.

Also have a set of tw6-6 cams waiting to action.

What would you do? and why?

Old 01-19-2016, 12:44 PM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

Will you be doing the work yourself? If so, I am partial to the FM 107", though in all fairness to Hillside I know very little about their product.

The reason I'd go with FM over the Harley 110" is that the combinations that FM has put together to maximize the performance of their 107's are tested through and through, and utterly reliable. I'd be hard pressed to get the kind of support out of my local HD dealership that I've received from FM (though my local HD IS very good).

I did my own install using the level B heads, and chose the TW-777 cams, and my bike is all that I need it to be for a long time to come. All said and done after my dyno tune, it's making 128.61 ft torque, and 111.59 hp. Not saying that you can expect the same numbers; I happen to live in an area where the air and the weather is conducive to producing really impressive numbers on a good build. Whatever you were to get in the area you live in, you can likely expect better numbers than the HD 110" kit will give you. I wouldn't care about dyno numbers but for the fact that they are a standard of measurement we use to determine the kind of power our bikes are making, hence my mentioning what my final numbers turned out to be. The journey getting there included a whole lot of calls to FM for help that I know I could never have gotten from my HD dealership, simply because none of them there are as knowledgeable as the guys at FM are.

If Hillside offers the same level of service that FM does, accompanied by the same knowledge level, then they may be a viable option. In that case, I'd go with either one over the HD 110".

My thoughts, from my limited experience....

Good luck!

Old 01-19-2016, 01:22 PM
rdc401
Road Master
Received 120 Likes on 88 Posts

Call hillside and see what he can do with the 110 cylinders and your stock heads,on mechanical and tech on here he has done a a 110 kit and used a customers heads and I forget what cam.but they got 130 ft lbs of torque.the customer put it together hisself

Old 01-19-2016, 02:05 PM
equandt
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My FM107 has 20,000 miles on it and runs like a top. Is that a good enough reason? I haven't used Hillside or the HD 110" kit but my FM107 is still the best upgrade I've made to my Ultra. I'm running the stock heads and a TW-555 cam. I got 106 hp / 121 tq. Your 105 - 110 hp goal is achievable w/o heads.

PS - Do the manual compression releases in the 2010 heads. Not absolutely necessary, but it helps with hot starts.

How sure am I about the FM107? I'm having another one put in my Road Glide this spring. That one will be a TW-999-6a cam and level B heads.

Good luck.

Last edited by equandt; 01-19-2016 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:25 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

I am looking at doing the same thing with my 2010 96". I am going with a 107 kit. I think with the bump in compression that you are going to get your either going to want compression releases of some sort or go with an S&S easy start cam.

Our 2010 96"s can be configured with the same automatic compression releases and adapted to the existing harness just like the 103's. There is a wire harness to buy. You will need to have a tuner that will allow you to turn them on. I am not 100% if the bike has to go into HD and be hooked to the digital technician or not.

Old 01-19-2016, 02:33 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,864 Likes on 2,428 Posts

You're paying for new heads with the SE kit, which adds to the cost. You already have a pair, which a competent tuning shop can rework, even add larger valves. In addition the SE kit is a set formulation, with no flexibility, except at additional expense. I would pass that option over.

FM offer two options from what I can see, also to a set formula. Plenty of happy customers around here. I suspect Hillside can offer the widest variety of options and would be my choice, Atlantic permitting! Both FM and Hillside are HDF sponsors and I'm sure would welcome a phone call to discuss their products.

So don't rely on us. At the end of the day you will have to make the final decision, so pick up the phone and start learning what they can both do for you!

Old 01-19-2016, 03:23 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

I'd give both Hillside and FM a call, I've done business with both. I had Hillside do some heads a few years back, no complaints. Talked to Scott for quite awhile, they did exactly what I wanted.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:15 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

If you feel our kit may be a good fit for what you are looking for you are welcome to contact us anytime. We offer our 107 kits from mild to wild in 10.25-11.0 compression with an assortment of Wood's cams, various cylinder head configurations, with either stock bored cylinders our our extreme duty IC cylinders, and we have 6 different 107 pistons. We also have plenty of components on hand with one of the largest inventories of cylinders and heads in the country. We offer heads/cylinders outright with core charge, or we can service your components with a 2-3 week turnaround. We also offer full product support before & after the sale as well as pre-developed base maps for Power Vision, Power Commander & Thundermax for most combinations. For those interested in more info you are welcome to contact us, all channels are open.

Be sure to check our out dyno charts page which has over 100 Fuel Moto 107's http://www.fuelmotousa.com/p-33193-dyno-charts.html
We feature quite a few of our 107 builds on our Facebook page (including quite a few HDforums users) https://www.facebook.com/FuelMoto/
There is an extensive thread on HDforums on our 107 kit here https://www.facebook.com/FuelMoto/

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-19-2016, 05:36 PM
RevBlk
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

If our dollar wasn't in the toilet I would have a 107 kit tomorrow from Fuel Moto.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:21 PM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 822 Likes on 587 Posts

30 years of longitutde and latitude with Andrews, Lieneweber, Sifton(no longer)
S&S, Dave Mackie, Three Suns, Cyclerama, HD, HQ, our cam(s), and Wood, in configurations from 80" to now 143", with AHDRA racing, and Maxton Mile Land Speed Class Records.
Never worked with a Cyclerama cam until about 6 weeks ago, and rang a bell with the .575.
We are professional engine builders/cylinder head professionals with in-house combined experience encroaching 85 years total.
Our work is performed on-site.
Happy to help with that 6 cam build, and Bowling Green HD, that we provide in-house machine work for, from time to time, has seen 115/120 with that cam many years ago in one of our 107"s, just for instance.
Scott

The following users liked this post:
ZeroFiveFour (04-05-2023)

Quick Reply: FM107, Hillside 107 or SE110 kit