Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fork Sliders...chrome or polished

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 01:25 PM
AngelAir
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fork Sliders...chrome or polished

Think I'm gonna clean up the front of my 15 SGS since I have a chrome wheel coming. I like the Arlen Ness Hot Legs, but dam, that's a lot of money. I already feel like I've fallen into the HD money trap with the money I've spent on this bike.
Hoping to save a little bit on this upgrade but don't want something that is gonna look bad in a couple years.
I was looking around on EBay and see a lot of polished and chrome options. Is one better than the other?
If you have purchased either style please let me know where you got it and your experience..such as finish, durability, price.
Thanks

Old 01-17-2016, 01:28 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Chrome over polished. Get take offs or do the exchange.

Old 01-17-2016, 01:43 PM
Big Money
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Definitely chrome, Ricks plating has nice exchange legs on e-bay. Just got a caliper for the wide glide from him and the chrome is top notch. ***** Shiny also also does very high quality work.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:32 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member
Received 326 Likes on 248 Posts

I used Ricks. Did legs, wheel, rotors, and calipers. Held up for several years so far.

Attached Thumbnails Fork Sliders...chrome or polished-new-wheel-with-rotor.jpg  
Old 01-17-2016, 03:53 PM
bornindadamnusa
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sanman4ever
I used Ricks. Did legs, wheel, rotors, and calipers. Held up for several years so far.
That is one sweet looking front but looks like zero miles judging by no wear on the rotors? I have had chrome and polished rotors myself. Neither looked that good after a few rides/miles.

OP, black is the new chrome so they say. That being said, I still have HD chrome lowers on current bike but if I already did not have chrome I would have had them painted to match my paint. JMO which ain't worth 2 cents but I get boo koo compliments on my now bike.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:04 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member
Received 326 Likes on 248 Posts

Yeah, that was after the initial install.....after some miles here:

Attached Thumbnails Fork Sliders...chrome or polished-may-13-front.jpg  
Old 01-17-2016, 04:14 PM
woodturner
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get chrome, it is easier to keep looking good. I have the hot legs and they look great, upgrade the cans at the same time, look into upgrading the springs or install mono-tubes, you already have it apart. You will not miss the money in a few months and you will be happy you did it just once.

Got the hot legs, cans and wheel&tire from HogPro
Fork Sliders...chrome or polished-20160117_161832.jpg

Last edited by woodturner; 01-17-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:24 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Aw...wth...I say go black.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:38 PM
HOGNOT
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AngelAir
Think I'm gonna clean up the front of my 15 SGS since I have a chrome wheel coming. I like the Arlen Ness Hot Legs, but dam, that's a lot of money. I already feel like I've fallen into the HD money trap with the money I've spent on this bike.
Hoping to save a little bit on this upgrade but don't want something that is gonna look bad in a couple years.
I was looking around on EBay and see a lot of polished and chrome options. Is one better than the other?
If you have purchased either style please let me know where you got it and your experience..such as finish, durability, price.
Thanks

I have 40K on my chrome forks and other than a few very tiny rock nicks they look as good as new. What is polished? The original forks polished?

Old 01-17-2016, 04:39 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

+1 on the chrome. The polished are near impossible to keep even reasonably nice. you will glad you did for the maintenance alone!

New Fork Sliders and Enforcer Wheels

Quick Reply: Fork Sliders...chrome or polished