Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Drich57
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander question...

I'm trying to decide whether to get the Power Commander for my Road King. You all have helped so much with other 'stuff' I've added to the bike, I hope you won't mind me leeching some more.

I've done a little research on my own, but I guess the big questions for me are: Is it worth it, and how easy is it to program and 'dial in' settings? I see there are downloads for different bikes/configurations - do I have to find my exact setup, or is there a default download I can use? Anybody with one installed that can give me an objective opinion would be great.

Thanks again!

Old 05-09-2007, 09:59 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts
Default RE: Power Commander question...

If you order your PC from Fuelmoto Jamie will program it for you.
It will be very close. You can call him for info before and after the sale.
About $280 shipped.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Detro996
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Drich57

I'm trying to decide whether to get the Power Commander for my Road King. You all have helped so much with other 'stuff' I've added to the bike, I hope you won't mind me leeching some more.

I've done a little research on my own, but I guess the big questions for me are: Is it worth it, and how easy is it to program and 'dial in' settings? I see there are downloads for different bikes/configurations - do I have to find my exact setup, or is there a default download I can use? Anybody with one installed that can give me an objective opinion would be great.

Thanks again!
Mine made a tremendous difference, very easy to install and like NSTEVE said go with fuelmoto and get a custom map. I studied the maps from the PC site and there is a big difference in the map confguration versus what powercommander offers. The slow start complaint is a non issue with me. It may turn an additional revolution or so before it starts, but I find it to be a complete non issue.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:52 AM
truckbuilde99
Novice

just put pc3 on 07 sg with v&h headers thunderheader slipons and k&n filter kit and its worth every penny like riding a different bike more power better sound and runs much cooler than before bought mine from jamie at fuelmoto map was dead on no need for dyno do it you wont regret.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Drich57
Cruiser

Thanks for the responses. It sounds like I/my bikewould benefit from this. I guess I know where my tax refund'll end up!

Old 05-09-2007, 11:31 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I.M.O. if you change the pipes it is a must have . Do your self a favor and buy it from fuel -moto , they will provide maps down the road if you change your setup , good luck and have fun.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:32 AM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Could someone give a brief overview of the install?

Old 05-10-2007, 03:41 AM
DI_Dave
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: The Pawnbroker

Could someone give a brief overview of the install?
Really..just open your right cover and you'll see the ECM. Remove the connector and install the PC in serial (stock harness to the PC and PC harness to the ECM). Since you have an 07, the PC comes with the O2 sensor terminators. Unplug the sensors and install the terminators in the connectors. Bundle everything up nice and neat.
If you purchase from FuelMoto, they have some very good Maps--talk to Jamie. Get a Dyno if you feel the need.

Easy Cheesy...Japaneessy!!

Cheers..

Old 05-10-2007, 03:56 AM
Arvid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When I installed my PC III from Jamie at fuel Moto(07 Ultra Classic) the engine check light would not go out and it stalled when coming to a stop. Called Jamie who provided instructions to reset my throttle positions which took care of the stalling. Second day I lost my speedo and odometer to whichJamie was quite puzzled. He had me remove the PCIII from the system to see if everything came back, which it did. Jamie sent me a new PCIII which just arrived, Jamie and Fuel Moto will make sure you are a satisfied customer.

Arvid

Old 05-10-2007, 06:26 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've had no problems with starting since installing my PCIII, it runs smooth... I haven't done the dyno-tune yet, but plan to do so one of these days to get it "just right". The bike runs good and is less "lean" than before- not good for the motor to run too lean of course so this was a concern for meand oneof the main reasons I wanted to get the PCIII.

Quick Reply: Power Commander question...