Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin seat help

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 11:13 AM
426power
Tourer
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Corbin seat help

Ok guys here is my problem. I am looking to purchase a Corbin seat for my 2014 Street Glide Special. I want to stay back where the original seat has me. I am looking at the Corbin dual tour and solo tour seats. I know the solo tour seat will keep my riding position back where I like it maybe a half inch further back, but the passenger seat is 11.5 inches wide compared to the 12.5" wide on the dual tour, but the dual tour moves me an inch forward. My wife hates the stock seat and I know both of these seats are much better than stock, but I want her to be comfortable as well. Does anyone have the Solo tour seat and if so are your passengers happy with the comfort on an all day ride. Yes I am a fan of the Corbin seat. I had the Stinger on my 1999 Ultra and loved it, so this is not a debate on which seat company rather help with my decision on two different styles of seats.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:25 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts

I think you will find the answer is in their names - the solo tour looks as if the passenger seat is intended for occasional use, the dual tour is - well - for touring two-up! We have had a dual tour for many years. I understand Corbin will custom-build, so you may be able to get just exactly the set-up you two want.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:04 PM
426power
Tourer

grbrown, thanks for the reply and yes I gathered that from the name, but was still interested in real world feed back. However I never gave it a thought about having it custom fit.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:46 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 248 Posts

I have a custom fit solo seat - took a stock Mustang, brought it and my bike to my guy, spent the day cutting, adding, shaving, re-covering and I now have a seat just to my liking.
I have a LePera 2-up seat, but never use it.
I sold my stock seat.
I learned over the years in cycling, everyone will like a different saddle that fits their butt and no 2 butts are the same.
There will be some that offer some great advice, but until you mount it to your scoot and ride it, you won't know unfortunately....

Old 01-07-2016, 05:47 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

I would suggest you call Corbin directly.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:57 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I am in Turlock, CA - about 80 miles from the Corbin Hollister factory.. Here is the first part of a two part post I did on My Corbin build

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...pictorial.html part 1

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...eat-build.html part 2

I am a Big believer in Corbin saddles - However, trying to get a custom build by talking to someone over the phone is NOT an easy task - I LOVE my Corbin and I have been on them since 1996 - Well over 100K miles - four coast to coast with the longest being 8K in 26 days... IF they are built to YOUR Bottom - then are GREAT - IF NOT build to your bottom - not so much..

I have been on this forum since about 2005 - I have seen LOTS of posts on Corbin saddles.. They are a LOVE it or HATE it seat - sad to say, I have seen lots of Horror stories about mail order and I really do NOT get it.... If there is ANY way for you to actually get to Hollister... Go look at the two posts I did on my saddle - all that can and will be done for you and NOT cost you a dime more than if you order it over the internet. WE spent about 6 hours there getting our seat built.. NOW keep in mind,, we can be Very picky - we did many test rides and fitting before we said... OK, Cover it... Now way I could get that saddle built like that over the phone... Just my thoughts..
Lots of people have ordered over the phone and have been happy... IF you PM me, I will give you a contact that 'May' be able to help you a little more... He is the 'ride in appointment manager' it would not hurt...
I am a short rider 5'6" and I needed a seat to put me in the best position.. I was fairly easy to fit.. Now the wife on the back... well, The builder earned his money that day, LOL... But we BOTH wanted her happy..

Old 01-07-2016, 09:25 PM
426power
Tourer

Bigheadted I did call and speak with them. I am going to have a dual tour model adjusted for what I am looking for.

Last edited by 426power; 01-07-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:30 AM
timbo141
Road Warrior
Received 238 Likes on 171 Posts

I have the classic solo and the passenger touring pillion and she said it is comfortable.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:34 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,927 Likes on 22,543 Posts

Talk to Chuck @ C & C Seats. http://www.ccseats.com/
Chuck worked for Danny Gray and his partner Chewy worked for Corbin.
They've been on their own now for 12-13 years and put out a quality product and will custom make you about anything you can think of.
Their work. Quite impressive to say the least.
http://www.ccseats.com/pdf/touring-baggers.pdf

Last edited by lionsm13; 01-08-2016 at 06:41 AM.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:50 PM
hal26
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Corbin Sucks

Got the seat after waiting 2 months for it and it was a nut crusher. Sent it back with detailed instructions and very large pictures telling them exactly what I wanted. Leave back support in original spot - and lower in front. Sent pics by computer and included them in the box with arrows detain what to do with me on and off the bike.Ten weeks later..YES 1O WEEKS - I got the junk back. They did exactly the opposite of what I asked. I'm sitting on the tank-literally... and the seat is forcing me all the way forward because they moved the hump waaaay forward. Also,it cost me $112 to ship it by UPS one way,insured. (heard post office was cheaper after I sent it). So now I have a $650 piece of sh*t out in the garage. To send it back again and wait for another 3 months and fork out ANOTHER $200 for shipping and pray that it will fit. Forget it! Don't buy a seat online. They would not even answer my email....

Last edited by hal26; 05-05-2018 at 03:02 PM. Reason: ig

Quick Reply: Corbin seat help