Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Vests

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:31 AM
jbhawley
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Leather Vests

i like a vest.
gives me pockets ot put stuff,
looks pretty cool
keeps the bugs and other flying objects from piercing my chest.
gives me somewhere to put patches and pins.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:41 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ditto. I wear one but only for the pockets. Dont see much usefulness otherwise except fashion.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:11 AM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

I just recieved a new vest from Fox Creek. www.foxcreekleather.com Quality is excellent. It has laces on the sides so you can customize the fit (aka -loosen in strategic spots so it'll be comfy around my less-than-flat belly!).

I wear it with a long sleeve Tee...but on the highway I wear the full-on jacket.

I am looking at a FirstGear Kenya AIR and other mesh jackets for the really warm weather...with armor in the elbows, etc...but avoiding the sportbike gear look. The new textiles and overall technology in fabrics make these mesh jackets offer some protection when the full jacket causes heat-stroke...

Old 05-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Rocco18
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear my vest over my jacket. On cold days it adds another layer and on warm ones I can drop the jacket and put on the vest. My vest has some pins and patches and I belong to American Legion Riders so I have my big patch on the back. I put two button chains acrossed when over the jacket and take them off when just wearing the vest. Just gives me options and it looks good.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:34 AM
berettag
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Got a leather one for the patches and pins. Wear it rarely. Thinking of getting a denim one with pockets inside and out. Pockets are good!

Old 05-09-2007, 11:15 AM
HogBack
Road Master

ORIGINAL: onlythebest

It's 100 here in South florida during the summer so heavy thick gear is out of the question. I have a thick heavy vest and a thin version I use in the summer but I always wear a vest, gloves, and helmet no matter what the temp is.
Ditto you OTBest...

Old 05-09-2007, 11:45 AM
yoopermjm
Tourer

ORIGINAL: sgnden

I just recieved a new vest from Fox Creek. www.foxcreekleather.com Quality is excellent. It has laces on the sides so you can customize the fit (aka -loosen in strategic spots so it'll be comfy around my less-than-flat belly!).
Well having just received my fox creek jacket and been blown away by the quality, I went ahead and ordered the Buffalo Nickel vest from fox creek. I know already I'll be happy. Their stuff is head and shoulders above the rest, including HD (for less $).

Old 05-09-2007, 12:37 PM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vest in the summer riding around town. Jacket on the freeway.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:39 PM
dajam_fxdli
Cruiser

Jacket and chaps most of the time, vest when it is way to hot... I hate the idea of road rash and prever to be protected. Kevlar jeans this summer.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:45 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I also just recieved my leather vest from Fox Creek. This is the first time I've had a vest and looking forward to wearing it when it gets warm.

FC used to make a perforated leather jacket for warm/hot weather but discontinued it. I bought mine last year and love it. When it gets hot and I just wear a tee shirt under it and it works great when the bike is moving. Gets a little warm if you're sitting at a light.

ORIGINAL: sgnden

I wear it with a long sleeve Tee...but on the highway I wear the full-on jacket.

I am looking at a FirstGear Kenya AIR and other mesh jackets for the really warm weather...with armor in the elbows, etc...but avoiding the sportbike gear look. The new textiles and overall technology in fabrics make these mesh jackets offer some protection when the full jacket causes heat-stroke...

Quick Reply: Leather Vests