Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANOTHER BUILD PARTY

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 01:21 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: ANOTHER BUILD PARTY

Ya say he rode away....betcha with a huge grin on his face !!

Old 05-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Man am I in the dark!Congrats Karl.You're gonna love that extra power.

Bryan,You're a damn good Man!Sharing Your shop and knowledge with Your Friends.You're one of a kind My Friend!

Old 05-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

yes it was complete and busted off within 6 hrs...BUT i cannot take the credit....Jason(Boargaurd), Paul(TxBowHunter), & Karl(kdeitz) completely disassembled the motor and put it back together for the most part....the AMS kit uses double spiral locks and I HATE THEM....i put in two, saw the pin went thru the center of the bottom ring which means you gotta install the piston on the rod(not loaded and not in the jug) and then load the rings and slide the jug on...i wasnt havin the best of days so i called Curtis(my best friend and lead agent)....he installed the pistons and smooshed the jugs on....i worked on the TB assembly...but the 3 amigo's did most of the build....i'm pleased for karl...curtis was my crew cheif of the pro mod and we have built many exotic, 2500 horse motors(sometimes once a week)...karls build will last many years

Old 05-12-2007, 02:34 PM
MJR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian, where's the pic's?I'm one of those that learn visually.
Karl how's it run?

Old 05-12-2007, 07:23 PM
TexasBowhunter
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

A Kudo's to Curtis as well...That guy really knows his stuff...kept us in lines and monitored us and aswered all questions and explained as to why we were doing it that particular way...He's the right man to have on the "A" Team...Just a big help...

Talked to Karl about how his build was running and he does indeed seem to be really pleased with it...He hoping to get it brook in this week and get it dyno'ed friday...
AMS gave him a map and he's pleased with the map due to it not pinging and popping...
Cudo's to AMS for that extra also...

A side note: Byrans got a nice shop and great hospitality to boot...
We'll see how Karls bike handles and responds and we'll make our mind up on that...

Old 05-12-2007, 07:55 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn sounds like a good time.. I wish we had more riders like you guys on the forum here in IL! Maybe I should move to Texas?

Old 05-12-2007, 08:43 PM
SpikeCT
Road Captain

Grats Karl,
Now Im getting itchy.... Im just torn between GMR 98 @ 10.8:1 or talk to HQ.....

Now Im understanding this DTT more i need to have more.....

Old 05-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

word to the wise....DO NOT BRING NO DOUBLE SPIRAL LOCKS TO MY SHOP

Old 05-12-2007, 09:44 PM
kdietz
Road Captain

Thanks to everyone that helped with my build and for the good wishes from the forum....we started at 9am and I drove home at 5pm that afternoon....there was great nashing of teeth from Bryan ....can you say PMS? ....when we encountered the spiral piston keepers, but Curtis saved the day with his cool head and mechanical skills....at least I know they will never come out!...thanks to Bryan for the opportunity to experience and to learn and special thanks to Jason, Paul, Curtis and Don for donating their skills and time....and to PhilM for his advise and moral support from the next county

I don't have but around 60 miles on her so far, but I can tell that she definitely picked up more torque and throttle response....and I love the way she sounds....the small bump to 9.5 cr makes the exhaust a little crisper without being louder....I'm really surprised by how smooth and quite she runs

Intentionally, this isn't a fire breather, but she will run the gears with most and will really shine on the road....I'll try to get enough break in miles on her next week so I can get it dyno tuned on friday....I'm not chasing numbers, but it will be interesting to see what a good tune helps deliver

Old 05-12-2007, 10:03 PM
kdietz
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: MJR

Karl I wish I could lend you guys a handbut I'm laid up with a broken hip. It would be a lot of fun. Your in good hands with the crew, those guys are great. Enjoy you build!

Ride Safe Mike
John, sorry to hear that you're laid up....what happened?

Quick Reply: ANOTHER BUILD PARTY