Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test riding a streetglide Dec 19

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015 | 12:22 AM
Richie921
|
Intermediate
Default Test riding a streetglide Dec 19

Hey guys. I recently test rode a victory magnum and on December 19 I am test riding a Harley Street glide. I currently have a 2014 street Bob I am trading in. Is there anything specific you think I should look for while I'm riding the street glide? Thanks

Old 12-05-2015 | 12:54 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member

all the touring series are the same except for plastic, speakers, wheels and badges/trim
most models have 13" rear shocks, the X have 12" ( the FLHX streetglide for one).

so a little harsher ride & a deflector rather than a windscreen.

I would suggest if you can find the Harley Demo truck where you can ride 5 or 8 models in a day...many questions are answered on a test ride

mike

Old 12-05-2015 | 04:56 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior

If you're testing a Street Glide, I'd suggest testing a Road Glide too. Very similar, but much different, if that makes any sense. Both great bikes!

Old 12-05-2015 | 05:56 AM
Richie921
|
Intermediate

Thanks guys. Is there a way to find out where the demo truck is making stops?
I looked at the Roadglide and while I don't hate it I just like the look of the streetglide better.

Old 12-05-2015 | 06:00 AM
Richie921
|
Intermediate

Also if anyone knows anything good, bad, or other about Victory bikes please share. I am currently leaning toward the Harley. Thanks

Old 12-05-2015 | 06:10 AM
PureHybrid
Road Master

Buy whichever makes you happy.

If you test a streetglide and a roadglide, you'll buy the street. Most people do.

As far as the victory lineup, I was looking at the Hammer before I bought my Softail back when, but ended up not getting a victory because of aftermarket support (lack there of). I believe that has changed recently.

Old 12-05-2015 | 06:30 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by PureHybrid
Buy whichever makes you happy.

If you test a streetglide and a roadglide, you'll buy the street. Most people do.

As far as the victory lineup, I was looking at the Hammer before I bought my Softail back when, but ended up not getting a victory because of aftermarket support (lack there of). I believe that has changed recently.

Good point, "Buy what makes you happy". If you don't like the looks of the RG, that's enough reason not to buy it, never mind test ride it. You don't want to be riding what you think is an ugly bike, for sure. I'm not so sure that most people who ride both a RG and a SG will pick the SG though. Especially the Rushmore models. There is quite a difference in handling at parking lot speeds and at highway speeds. There are more people who are in your boat, they just like looks of the SG better, and that's fine. Both are nice bikes & both are better than any Victory, haha.

Old 12-05-2015 | 06:49 AM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member

Both bikes are great. I like the HD because of the massive knowledge base, and ridiculous factory and aftermarket parts availability. You can pick one of a million parts, and find 10 guys on youtube that show you how to install it.

Old 12-05-2015 | 07:03 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Daytona Fat Boy
Good point, "Buy what makes you happy". If you don't like the looks of the RG, that's enough reason not to buy it, never mind test ride it.
I think a test ride that impresses you can change your mind about the ugliness of the RG. I've not test ridden a RG but want to, and while I think the SG is better looking I would get a RG if it really rode that much better.

Old 12-05-2015 | 07:20 AM
Richie921
|
Intermediate

It's funny it's not the look of the Roadglide I don't like, I think it looks cool, but I hate the dash. I've heard also that because the radio is so high glare can be a problem. Also the bars are horrid.

Quick Reply: Test riding a streetglide Dec 19